Sunday

The next day all I did was watch Netflix in bed. I had a lot of catching up on "The Vampire Diaries" to do. But I also didn't want to leave the dorm room. I was too afraid. I couldn't handle seeing Jake yet. Daisy's been covering for me. Anytime someone comes over or it's him asking for me she tells them to get lost. I feel bad that she has to do this. Especially from what she told me yesterday...

"Omg, Piper! My date with Spencer was sooooo amazing! We went to a movie and then we went for a walk in the park! Ahhhhh! He is such a romantic!" Daisy exclaimed excitedly.

"I'm happy for you, Daisy." I said holding back tears.

When she asked me how my date with Jake went I couldn't hold back the tears any longer.

"Omg, Piper what happened!?" She asked.

"Nothing...I can't..." I replied.

"Piper...you know you can tell me anything."

I hesitated but I eventually told her everything that happened to me involving Chad.

"Piper, I'm so sorry! That's terrible. This all makes so much sense now. I just can't believe he didn't believe you! Who would make up a story like that!?" Daisy asked.

"Apparently me." I replied.

"If he shows his face here I'm slamming the door in it!"

I laughed a little. "Thanks, Daze...I knew I could trust you."

And that's exactly what Daisy did. When Jake showed up this morning she slammed the door on his face.

"That guy...having the nerve to come here after what he said to you!" Daisy yelled.

"Daisy, it's ok...I honestly wasn't expecting him to show up at all." I told her.

"Well...I guess that's a sign that he feels terrible. Good...he deserves to feel like crap!" She started mumbling to herself. "Calling my best friend a liar! Who does he think he is!?"

I chuckled a little bit. Watching her pace back and forth mumbling to herself. She looked like a toddler throwing a tantrum. That's when I heard a knock on the door.

"Ugh! Who could that be!?" Daisy asked. "What!?!?" She yelled opening the door.

There stood Spencer looking scared.

"Oh! Spencer, I'm so sorry!"

"It's all good...just wondering but, who exactly did you think I was that you had to yell?" Spencer asked.

"Um...Jake."

"What did he do to you!? I'll kill him!"

"Not me! Piper!"

"Oh...what happened?"

"She..." She looked back at me and I shook my head. I didn't want everyone to know. "Had a bad date."

"Oh...I'm sorry to hear that. Anyway I came here to ask if you wanted to go to on a walk with me."

"I would love to, but..."

"Go." I interrupted her.

"But, Piper. I'm supposed..."

"Daisy, I'm serious go. I'll be fine. I promise."

She hesitated a bit but then took Spencer's hand. Before she left she mouthed the words, "thank you" and closed the door behind her. I was alone but sometimes that can be a good thing. I needed sometime to think.

.............

An hour passed and Daisy still wasn't home. I wasn't worried. She spent the whole night with Spencer yesterday. He seemed like a really good guy. Finally I heard a knock on the door. I opened it laughing.

"Daisy, you don't have to knock, this is your room too!" I laughed. Then stopped in my tracks. It wasn't Daisy. I looked around. No one was there. There was just an envelope on the ground with one of those wax stamps.
I took inside the room and opened it. It said:

Don't worry. Daisy is fine for now. I'm so glad she fell for Spencer so quickly! Or should I say Maxwell? If you ever want to see Daisy again follow these simple instructions.

1. Stay on campus. No running away
2. Don't tell anyone about this
3. Keep your friend group to a minimum

And remember, I'm always watching you!

:)

Attached to the note was a picture...

It was Jake!...