Tryouts part 2

All of a sudden the boys soccer team came rushing onto the field.

"The next step is to see how well you girls play." Coach Johnson said.

Oh my gosh! We have to play against the boys!

"Daisy! You're goalie! And we do have returning members! Kiley, Hailey, Maxine, Alex, and Dylan will be judging you. They will choose the six girls to be on the team and the two substitutes. Everyone lineup!"

I took my position as goalie. The game began. Rebecca got the ball first and was running towards the goal. She wasn't passing though. Lindsay was wide open and she wasn't passing it. Ball hog. I knew she was one of those players. She shot the ball into the goal and it went in. The boys had it now. One guy was kicking it towards me, he passed it to someone else who passed it again. Finally he kicked it into the goal but I blocked it. I kicked it back out but Katie wasn't paying attention so the boys got it again. This time when they kicked it in it was a goal. Rebecca scored 5 points for us, Maddie scored 3, and Abby scored 2. We lost 10-11. In total I blocked about six shots.

We went towards Coach Johnson to see who was in. No surprise, but the first person she called was Rebecca. Next was me, then Maddie, then Abby, Lindsay, and finally Carley. We were official. And the two substitutes were Katie and Lisa. Ashley and Tiffany were out. I can't believe I made it in!

"Congratulations, girls! Welcome to the team! I'll get you your schedules and then you can go to class." Coach Johnson said.

Spencer congratulated me and gave me a big hug. After I got my schedule I waved goodbye and told Piper the good news. Of course she was happy for me. We laughed and looked over my schedule together before going to class.