13 - Trust Comes With Time

Start from the beginning

Consider it done.

Lance ran up to Red, but realized he wouldn't be able to get his armor since the particle barrier was up. He sighed and was about to leave when a certain sound made him turn back. The particle barrier had lifted away and Red leaned over for Lance to step in. The blue paladin smirked and rushed in. When he made to the cockpit, he made haste to pull on his damaged armor. It wasn't much, but it was better than loose clothing. As he left, he made sure to run his hands along the walls, mentally sending a message thanking Red. The lion replied with a message that made Lance rush even faster. 

The red paladin had found himself some trouble.

~Keith~

After he had left the room, his hand instantly ran over his mouth. He still wasn't sure why he let himself do that, but the memory was still vivid in his mind. He quickly shook the thought away. The halls were littered with rubble, but surprisingly all the Zryrazians he saw before were nowhere to be seen. No servants. Nothing.

There weren't many before, but there were still some then. Now the halls were eerily silent. Keith stepped over a large piece of rubble before entering the room he and Lance had shared. His armor had been knocked to the ground but, otherwise, was still intact. He rushed to pull it on and adjust it. Keith ran after he had finished pulling on the last piece.

His feet moved swiftly around rumble and rushed to the throne room. Unfortunately, a very large group of Myble's servants blocked the way. Every single one was armed, but had the same glazed look Marf had before he was freed from the curse. That meant they were all innocent. Keith couldn't harm or kill any of them. He suddenly wished that he didn't have a sword.

Almost on cue, his bayard shifted to a bat. He almost wanted to laugh, but couldn't. The group converged on Keith. He felt like crying once his eyes fell on a small child. Matter of fact, there were several of them. He dodged them and swung at a larger opponent. As soon as the bat collided, the Zryrazian fell into a heap on the floor. Great, one down, about two dozen left. 

Keith felt massively overwhelmed, but he had managed to knock out a handful. They were easy to take out with one hit, but that was if you could actually hit them. Most of the time, he swung at thin air. The Zryrazians were the quickest race he had ever encountered. Even with his precise instincts, he only managed to hit them when he faked a swing and went the other way, catching one off guard. However, they were now learning his technique and adapting to it. It was just a matter of time until Keith would be overpowered. 

He realized he was slowly being pushed to the corner of the hall. The little kids that he tried so hard to avoid were kicking and clawing at his legs. His armor was protecting most of his skin, but their sharp claws ripped into the under-suit, tearing gashes into his calves. Keith cried out in pain and darted to the side, he kicked off the side of the wall and it gave him enough momentum to jump over the crowd. Keith felt bewildered, but when he looked down at himself he knew why. He was in Galra form again. It was quite strange as he had shifted twice with no pain. 

Keith had no time to ponder over it, as the Zryrazians instantly were at him again. His Galran abilities did nothing to truly be effective in the fight. It gave him a moment's advantage, but otherwise, there were too many. One managed to slice his side open and that was it. Keith was knocked to the ground, but just before he was ultimately killed or worse, a bright light filled the corridor. He squeezed his eyes shut, a dull headache throbbing from its intensity. 

Once he looked up, he saw no one other than Lance.

~Lance~

He almost wanted to laugh at the shock on Keith's face, but he was injured, so he decided to do that another time. Lance stumbled his way around the unconscious bodies to Keith. By the time he reached there, he saw all the deep gashes Keith had sustained. He placed a hand on his uninjured shoulder.