Chapter 40: Making The Right Choice

Heidi's POV

"And now, for the unveiling of King Ben's masterpiece. Designed especially for his lady." The man announced as the trumpets started blowing again. We all looked and gasped to see a beautiful stain glass window design of Ben and Mal. We all applauded as everyone started talking to each other in whispers. Ben looked mesmerized by it, "Ben did that?" Mal asked in utter shock, "Yeah, he did." Evie said letting out a breath. "Evie." Mal said as the two girls started to make their way back down the steps, "Ben's known who I was all along." Mal never took her eyes of the picture, "He loves the real you, Mal." Evie said as the rest of the group followed them, "A true love." Mal said with a sigh, "Yeah." Evie said with a small smile on her face, "Told you." Carlos spoke from behind Mal and Evie as all of them started laughing. Uma turned around and stormed over to the where the gang and I were, "COVER THAT BACK UP!" Uma ordered at the poor man, "I will not." The man said taking a step back. Uma started chuckling nervously. "Why don't you tell everyone the present you have for me, Ben?" Uma smiled her fake smile as she looked around at everyone. Ben looked at for a moment, "I have an announcement." Ben started as all of looked at him, "Uma will be joining the court tonight as my lady." Ben held out his hand to Uma bringing her to his side, "No!' Everyone shouted. I started to get nervous, I looked down at my hands and seen fireballs starting to form. "Son..." King Beast started to say, but Ben cut him off before he could get another word out, "NOT NOW, DAD!" Ben yelled at his father as he groaned. Everyone stared at Ben with shock and worry, they knew that that was not something that Ben would never do, they knew something was up with him, something just wasn't right. "Uh, so, as my gift, uh, to her," Ben struggled I could tell that Uma's spell was wearing off. I shook my head 'this has gone on long enough' I thought to myself as I pulled away from the girls and made my way to Mal and the others, "I'm bringing down the barrier once and for all." Ben said looking into Uma's eyes, Everyone gasped in horror and started talking amongst themselves again. As I was making my way past Uma, she grabbed my forearm, "Where do you think you're going?" She asked in a whisper so that no one else would hear her, "I am going to do what must be done." I quoted her from the other day. Uma smiled a sweet fake smile at me and pretended to give me a hug, "I knew I could trust you." Uma let me go, and I made my way up to the VK's, "Fairy Godmother. Bring down the barrier." Ben ordered in a kingly tone, Fairy Godmother looked at him in shock that those words would ever come out of his mouth. "I most certainly will not." Fairy Godmother said standing her ground, "I AM YOUR KING!" Ben angry yelled at her, "Obey him. Uma said sneering at Fairy Godmother. I walked up to Mal and Evie, "Ben is under a love spell. Uma found your spell book, that is how we got here, and that is why Ben is acting this way." I admitted to them. Mal looked at the glass again, and then at Ben and Uma, "Ben." Mal said taking a step towards the two of them. Uma shot me the darkest, evilest look I have ever seen. "Ben. Look at me." Mal was standing in front of Ben, "No, look to me. You love me remember?" Uma said next to Mal, "No you don't." Mal said, "Yes, you do." Uma said with more urgently, "Ben, look at me." Mal said. Ben's eyes were going crazy looking from one girl to another. "BRING DOWN THE BARRIER NOW!" Uma screamed at Fairy Godmother, "I do not take orders from you." Fairy Godmother said sternly. "Heidi, it's time for plan B." Uma said turning her worried look to me, I made no sudden moves. "Ben?" Uma asked gritting her teeth, "Ben." Mal said trying her hardest to reach him. "I never told you that I loved you because I thought that I wasn't good enough." Ben gave Mal the blankest look I have ever seen on anyone's face, "And I thought that it was only a matter of time before you realize that yourself." Mal pointed to the window, "Please." Uma scoffed as she rolled her eyes, "But, Ben, that's me." Ben turned and looked at what he had created for his Mal, "I'm part Isle and part Auradon." Uma shoved Mal and little bit out of the way, "Ben, eyes over here." Ben turned his gaze back to Uma, "And, Ben, you've always known who we were and who we can be." Ben looked away from the two girls and looked at me for a moment, "Don't listen to her." Uma ordered. "Ben, I know what love feels like now." Mal chuckled, "Ben. Of course, I love you. Ben, I've always loved you." Mal kissed Ben. Everyone but Uma awed at the moment those two had just shared. As Ben and Mal pulled apart, I could tell that the spell had been broken, Ben's face softened as he looked at Mal, "Mal." Ben said with a goofy grin on his face. The two smiled at each other and laughed a little. "True love's kiss." I heard Evie whisper to herself, "Works every time." I whispered back to her, Evie looked at me and smiled mouthing a 'thank you.' I nodded my head to her and mouthed back, 'You're welcome.' Uma turned faster around, "UGH! GIVE ME THE WAND!" Uma yelled as loud as she could as she went to snatch the wand from the Fairy Godmother. "NO!" I yelled and stepped in from of Uma, putting myself between Uma and Fairy Godmother, "What are you doing Heidi?" Uma said taking a step back, "I am doing what is right Uma, You have lost, it's over." Uma grabbed me by the neck, "Guards! Seize her!" Fairy Godmother yelled. Uma dropped me and ran to the side of the boat, "No! No, stop! Please, stop" Mal begged as everyone surrounded Uma, "Uma, I know you. You are so much more than just a villain. And you have to believe me because I've been there." Everyone looked at Mal then back to Uma, "Do not let your pride get in the way of something that you really want." Uma looked around at everyone, suddenly I noticed that her mother's necklace was glowing and humming, Uma smiled a wicked evil smile. I knew I had to do something, I mustered all the feelings I was feeling and flung my hand at Uma, the blue fireball shot from my hand and blasted Uma sending her overboard and into the ocean. "No! No! Uma." Mal said, "Uma!" Ben yelled. Everyone exclaimed as they looked from me to the water.