Chapter 11: The Walk Home

Heidi's POV

There I stood between Harry and Clay, and I you haven't guessed it yet, these two have a past of getting into it. "Clay, I should really be getting home." Clay looked down at me with a smile, "You head the lady, get lost Hook, you should really be really good at that being from Neverland and all." I shove Clay a little, "Why don't ye go and try to capture an ape." Harry shot back. I had enough of these two already, "Okay, look! I am going home, you two can argue and fight without me around." Clay was about to say something, "And that is my final word." I gave him one of evil looks. Clay put his hands up, "Okay, maybe some other time." Clay kissed my hand and walked away disappearing into the night. "Ye, ready to go love?" Harry asked while he fixes his hat. "Fine I guess you can come." We make our way down the depressing streets of the Isle. We start laughing as we keep walking, the only light coming from the softly dim street lights, in the distance the sound of water crashing against the docks. Harry's movement in the dim light caught my attention, Harry fixes his shirt and readjusts his sword. "Well it's good to know that Gil is getting better with his sword." Harry said, his gaze falling back on me, his laughter dying down. "By the way I like what you did to your hair and nails." I started blushing, 'Gil was right, Harry did notice.' "So, tell me, what did you do today?" I asked him. He looked at his hook for a second, "About the same thing I always do." He smiled. I hit him in his shoulder lightly, "So, I tell you everything about my day, and you can't share one little detail about yours?" Harry rolled his eyes, "Sounds about right." We were now almost to my entrance of my house, a man and woman ran past us making their way rather quickly down the street. "Must be late for something." I turned my attention back to the gravel. "MY HOOK!" I heard Harry yell. I turn my head down to his hands, he was right his hook was gone. "THOSE TWO ALLEY RATS, THEY MUST HAVE TOOK MY HOOK WHEN THEY RAN BY!" Harry started ranting on about what he was going to do the pair if he ever saw them again, "Harry!" I shouted. Harry stopped ranting and looked at me, "Why don't we just go get your hook back?" His eyes lit up with mischief. We turned around and headed off to find the thieves that took Harry's hook. Harry and I searched all over for the two robbers, but unfortunately there was no trance for them. "We can just look again in the morning." I said. I could see the angry, hurt, frustration, and sadness, all over Harry's face. "Ma da's going to kill me." Harry sat on top of a barrel with his head in his hands. "I'm sure he won't notice." I lied. "Heidi, me da will know, and to make matters worse he's going to punish me for letting me-self get robbed in the first place." I hated seeing Harry like this, I made a vow to myself that no matter what it took, and no matter how long it would take me, I would find his hook. Suddenly I hear a window being smashed. I look above me, and thankfully there is a wire above. "Harry follow me." I jump onto the wire, "How do you think I am going to follow you? I can't do that." Harry complains, I look down at him giving him a look say 'Really?' I shake my head, "Follow me on foot." I explain to him. Harry nods his head both of heading towards the sound I heard. Strangely I found two people with a sack coming out of 'The Ghost Chain Tavern.' I point to Harry then point down at the two below me. Harry peeks around the side of the tavern, then nods to me. "Well, well, well." Harry spoke stepping out from his hiding spot. The two whip their heads around to see Harry. "I think ye have something that belongs to me." Harry's voice was low and sounded eviler than normal. I look closer to make out what the two are wearing. The woman is wearing just a ragged old peasant dress made up of red and yellow fabric, the guy was wearing a yellow bandanna a red pirate shirt, yellow scarf tied around his waist, black pants, and black boots. "Give me my hook and I won't hurt either ya too badly." Harry stuck out his hand. The man looked at the woman, the woman looked back at the man. They both smiled taking out their swords. "two on one, I like those odds." Harry smiled, pulling out his own sword, "but to make this quicker, how about I add a friend?" Harry grinned looking up at me. I jump of the wire landing on the other side of them making sure they couldn't run. "You stole from the wrong people tonight." A pleasing look appearing on my face, I draw both of my swords. "So, you can either hand over the hook and be on your way or we can take the hook from you." Harry and I took a step closer to the duo. The woman swung around her sword slashing at me. I stepped out of the way before the sword contacted me. I swished and slashed my swords at the woman, as she blocked them I could tell that was descent with a sword but not that advanced. The woman blocked my final strike, as the dim street light beamed on her, that is when I recognized her, "Delilah?" I asked making sure it was her. The woman's eyes showed fear, she lunged for me aiming at my heart, I blocked the attack with one sword, and disarmed her with my other. I backed her up again this time both swords across her neck. I looked over at Harry who I could see was toying with his opponent. Harry had his fun quickly disarming the man. I reached into the bag pulling the hook out. "Harry let them go." I say. "I WANT TO HOOK THIS ONE!" I pointed his sword at the man, "Fine you can do what you want." I released Delilah, "You tell your captain that you failed, and if she ever tries a stunt like this, I will so no mercy." I shoved Delilah onto the ground, Delilah scampered away running into the night. I turn my attention to Harry, he still had ahold of the man by his collar, I make my way over to the two, looking at the man in the light, "Chadwick." I said knowing who exactly he was. Harry looked at the man in shock, "You mean Chadwick Crain?" Harry asked shoving the man into the post hard. "Yeah the woman was Delilah Stonebridge." I handed Harry his hook, "Two of my sister's crew members." Harry griped his hook tightly. "This must her way of payback from earlier today in the alley." Harry nods his, I was surprised at what happened next, Harry tossed Chadwick to the ground letting him run off, "I thought you were going to hook him?" I asked considering the look in his eyes, "Why kill the errand boy when you can kill the sender?" Harry said very darkly, Harriett should have known if her encounter with her today was any sign, Harry wouldn't think twice of hurting her. "Well was a great adventure, but I really need to be getting home." I put my swords away, I walk up to Harry and stand on tiptoes. "Thank you for the great time tonight." I whisper in Harry's ear, I give him a gentle kiss on the cheek, I walk away and head home, ready to call it a night after a very long day.