Chapter 8: Sword fighting

Heidi's POV

I was halfway to the chip shop when I noticed a group of girls and gathered around something, as I looked closer I noticed a guy. He wore a brown bandana with his blonde hair sticking out of it, a shirt that was a mix of brown and gold which showed off his muscles, blue torn jeans, with a pair of dark brown combat boots, his sword at his side. "Gil. What are you doing?" I asked pushing girl out of my way. Gil was doing what he always does and what he loves to do, showing off for the girls. Gil looked over me, "Hey Heidi, did you come to see the gun show?" he asked flexing his muscles as the girls sighed dreamily. "Sorry Gil I am not as easy to impress as these girls." I gestured to the girls around me, "Maybe if I had hook." He teased. My mouth fell open a little, I was shocked to hear Gil say such a statement out loud. I pull out my swords bowing to Gil, "Come on Gil, let's give these girls a real show." Gil smiled and took out his sword as well bowing back to me. I swing one sword over my head which Gil easily blocks. Gil and I's sword clash as Gil backed up against a wooden post. I looked around to see I had nowhere to go. Gil smiled knowing that he had pinned. He lightly runs his sword across my cheek. An Idea pops into my head, and I figured a way out. With one quick movement, I knee Gil in the crotch. The muscle bounded pirate dropped to his knees in pain. I kick off the wooden flipping over Gil, as I land I press one of my swords to his back with a smile of victory. Gil recovered although he was still a little winded, he charged at me swinging his sword. Our swords collided over and over again as each of us tried to gain the upper hand. As I side step Gil's attack I was caught off guard by Gil knocking my second out of my hand. I side kicked Gil's sword out of his hand. I quickly swipe at Gil causing him to step back. Despite the shock, he was able to regain his composer. Gil tried to take my feet out from under me, before he could I leap backwards, picking up my second swords in the process, landing on one of 5 beams. I refocus on Gil, only to see that he had time to pick up his sword, and was now charging at me. I avoid his strikes, carefully keeping myself just enough out of his reach, "Come on Gil, I thought you would give a challenge." I mocked him. Gil formed an evil smirk on his face. With his free hand, he shattered the beam I was standing on. Luckily, I quickly moved to the next one. Gil laughed as he smashed the second beam. As I twirl in the air landing on the third beam I comes to me, I know what he is doing, he's going to take out all 5 beams leaving me nothing. Just as I finish my thought Gil destroyers beam number three. Before I can come up with a plan Gil is already destroying the remainder of the beams, that cause me to fall to the ground. I try to sit up but in a losing effort. Gil puts his boot on my chest trapping me from going anywhere. "Well looks like brans beats beauty." Gil says rising is fist in victory, I take this moment to swipe both of my swords at Gil. Gil looks at me laughing, "Looks like your last effort to save yourself was all for nothing." I smile up at Gil, "Don't be too sure about that young Gaston." I pull my swords away from him, as I do Gil's torn blue jeans fall to his ankles reveling a pair of red boxers with a brown bear on them, in black letters it says, 'Honey Buns.' Gil's face turns completely red, He scrambles to pull his pants back up. Once he gets his pants back up I back kick his sword out of his hand and far from his reach. I point my sword at his heart, "Guess Beauty beats brans." I smile at him. Gil throws his hands up in surrendered. I place my swords back in their sheath. "Gil, you are really a great swordsman's." I comment. Gil grins with pride, "Thanks Heidi, that means a lot coming from Harry's protegee." I fight back my urge to snap on him, my brother and I really do have our fathers temper. "Gil, I am on my way to the chip shop, are you coming?" I asked him. Gil turned to the group of girls, "I promise that I will show off for you another time." The girls walked off sounding very angry that they couldn't watch Gil anymore. "Let's go." Gil said walking past me. It was a short walk to Ursula's fish & chip's. "Heidi?' I heard Gil say, "Yeah?" I questioned back, "Did you do something different with your hair?" I laughed, "Yeah I did, thanks for noticing Gil." patting Gil on the back, "I think Harry will notice." Gil said as we walked further down the docks. "Why do you think that?" Gil grinned at me and let out a laugh of his own. "Are you kidding? Harry is the first to notice if you do anything different." Gil reached across me, shoving someone into the water. "Gil that was adorable." I gushed. "Well I raised to treat ladies with a little bit of class." I said smugly. I shove his shoulder. We walked up the narrow dock that was crawling with pirates and other shady people. At the end of the dock we could see the fish & chip sign. The top of it is Ursula peeking over the sign, around the sign are her tentacles. "Let's eat." Gil said rushing inside. Before I even made it in I could Uma yelling at some of the customers. "Great, she's in this kind of mood. I mutter walking through the wooden door into the restaurant.