Chapter 22: Smell of aftershave and sea air

Heidi's POV

"Are you escorting me yet again?" I asked as Harry made his way to my side, "No I just had a question for you." Harry took of his pirate hat and ran his hand through his hair, "You have my undivided attention." I said leaning my head on his shoulder, "I was just wondering, why were ye do in the basement so with Ben?" I lifted my head off his shoulder, "Why, Harry Hook, are you jealous?" I asked with no seriousness in my voice. "Me? Jealous? Ye must be joking." I started laughing, "So now ye going to tease for making sure you were okay." I could see Harry was getting angry, "Harry, I was just down there talking with Ben, nothing more, nothing less." I confessed. Harry has a scowl on his face, 'Why didn't ye just tell me in the first place." Harry snapped, "Because I think was so cute that you got all angry." I put my head back on his shoulder, "Harry, do you ever get tired of trying to be our parents?" Harry lifted his hook to his face, "Heidi, ye know that it is our job to live up to their reputation, to continue their legacy, to make it even more greater then it is." Harry explained, that was hammered into everyone us children at a very young age. "I know that, but have ever just wanted to be yourself and not your dad?" I lifted my head off his shoulder and stood in front of him, "The whole purpose of us living, is to one day take over for our parents." I sighed, "It just that, maybe we could use our talents for something other than destroying everything we see." Harry stopped dead in his tracks, "Where is this all coming from?" Harry asked, "Ben?" he asked. I looked away from him which told him all he needed to know. "Heidi, listen to me, you are prefect just the way you are, you are black-hearted, arrogant, very ill-tempered, and most of evil." I noticed as Harry was speaking that our hands brushed against each other, "Are you positive you are a villain?" Harry gave me a death glare, "Why would ye question me villain integrity?" I step up to him and place my hand over his fast beating heart, "because I think that was the sweetest thing you have ever said to me so far." Harry smiles a small smile as he rolled eyes, "Do go reading too much into this princess." I intertwine our hands, "I think you have just the tiniest soft spot when it comes to me." Harry pulled me closer to him, I was now against his chest. "I am the son of Captain Hook, I do not have any soft spots for anyone or anything." Harry smiled his evil grin, looking down at me, "If that is what you choose to believe, then who am I to tell you no." I say as we arrive to my front door, "Well, as much fun as this was, I really should be getting inside." Harry suddenly pulled me into his chest again, this time he wrapped his strong arms around my waist, the smell of Smell of aftershave and the sea air coming from him. It took me a moment to realize that Harry Hook was giving me a hug, I didn't hesitate to snake my arms around his shoulder, returning the gesture. I felt save in his arms, like nothing in the world could ever hurt me, just as long as Harry was around I knew I would be okay. Harry pulled out of the hug, He bowed giving me his evil grin, "I'll see you tomorrow princess." Just like that Harry vanished into the night. I stood there wondering what must have come over Harry to suddenly do that. We both were not good at expressing our feelings, unless it was an evil feeling which then we were the best at. I looked up at the night sky, to only see the dark cloud that always hovered over the Isle. I take a deep breath, open the door and head home. As I made my way over the blue river, I suddenly stop and make way over to the to the green river, or the most famous river of them all, the river of souls. I watched as souls of the dead reached out, crying for help. Father always warned Hadie and I to never get too close to this river, the souls were in that river for a reason. "I wonder if he is going back to the diamond smile tavern?" I heard a voice say. I turn around to see who the voice belonged to, but the only person in the room was me, "If he is cruel to people on the street, what to say he won't take that anger out on you?" Another voice said. I stood up, "It must just be the souls trying to trick me." I told myself out loud. "Just think about who he might be thinking of when he is with you." A third voice echoed, I put my hands over my ears to hopefully drown out the voices, "His life would be much better off without out messing it up." A voice hissed. I closed my eyes tightly. "This can't be real." I told myself trying to make sense of what was going on with me. "Yeah I mean all you two do is fight." I shook my head and headed to my room, suddenly a woman with pitch black hair appeared in front of me, ""Tisiphone." I said with wide eyes, Tisiphone is the fury of avenged murder. I took a step back, but by back hit something, I turn around, a woman with blonde hair was now behind me. "Megaera." I choke out, Megaera is the fury of jealously. She was the what I would call the leader of the three. As I fell to floor, a woman with red hair kneeled down beside me, "hearing voices Heidi?" The red head cackled, "Alecto." I rushed back to my feet, Alecto is the fury of constant anger. I looked from one to the other as the furies started to circle to me.