Chapter 35: Fire

Heidi's POV

After I explained everything to Uma, she started pacing around the small room, "I want my revenge on Mal and on everyone." Uma kicked over one of crats of food. "Well, all we have to do is crash the party and take the wand." I thought it was the simplest solution, but Uma never did things simple, "No I want Mal to hurt, I want her to suffer, I want to see her cry." Uma barked. "Uma, how do you plan on doing that from down here?" I asked gesturing my hands to the small room we were in. "While you were up there all day, I was do here plotting, and oh what a plan I have come up with." Uma pulled out the spell book and shoved it in my hands. I looked down at what page it was on, "A love spell?" I asked not really following her train of thought. "Yes, a love spell, I will spell Ben, and when he is under the spell he will do whatever I say, even bring down the barrier." Uma explained. I couldn't believe Uma was going to these lengths just to hurt be evil, "Uma, don't you think you are taking this a little too far, capturing Ben was one thing, but to spell him, just to bring down the barrier." Uma turned to me and shoved me to the ground. "Are you getting soft on me? You better remember why we are here, you are evil, you are wicked, you need to get your head out of clouds, you think that just because you were out there for 24 hours that they would except you as one of their own? You are the daughter of one of the most HATED villains of all time, plus if they found out that you tricked them there would be no stopping them from tossing you back on the isle. Uma scoffed, "no wonder your father treats you the way he does." I had taken all I would from Uma, she had crossed the line with that last comment, "SHUT UP!" I screamed, I flung my hands at Uma, something blue, and round shot out of my hands and blasted Uma through a ton of crats and barrels as Uma landed on the far side of the room. I looked down at my hands puzzled at what just happened. Uma regained her strength, she pushed items off her and stood back up on her feet. "Looks like someone just discovered her power." Uma smiled at me. I looked at her confused and then back to my hands, "What are you talking about? I have no powers." I said confused and scared. "On the Isle your power wouldn't have worked, but here, it looked like it's finally woken up. Uma nodded down at my hands. As I looked down at them fear spread though me, in my right hand was blue fireball burning bright. "Looks like you have more of your dad in you then you thought." Uma taunted. I closed my hand and the fire extinguished. "This can't be happing, I am not my dad, I don't want this." I started freaking out. "Chill, you just gave us the upper hand." Uma said playing with her mother's necklace, "How?" I start shaking, "If your powers woke up, then that means my mother necklace with work too." I closed my eyes and thought of Harry, I really needed him right now, he was the only one that could calm me down. "Look, you need to stop freaking out before you burn the whole room down with us in it." Uma grabbed me but my shoulders and looked me in my eyes, "You say you are not your father, then prove it, don't lose control." I nodded my head as I closed my eyes as thoughts of Harry once again flooded my mind, once I was calm I opened my eyes again and saw that the fire was gone, "See, your powers are controlled by your emotions, at least until you learn to control them." Uma let me go and walked back over to a chair and sat down, "You can use that power, so just in case the Ben plan doesn't work out, now we have a backup plan." Uma started playing with her hair, "What makes you think I will would ever use my powers." Uma just let out a sigh, "Because if this spell doesn't work or my mother's necklace doesn't awaken, then you are our only option left, but if you would like a major reason why how about this, I said so, and I am your captain, so, you will do what I want, when I want, and won't think twice about it!" Uma yelled at me, "I don't think I want to do this anymore." I said in a whimper, Uma just glared at me. "Fine, but just remember, if we fail then you left Harry all alone on the Isle, and knowing Harry like I do, he won't be lonely for too long, plus there is your brother, you really want to leave him alone to deal with your father, your father might seriously hurt Hadie without you around." I shot her the evilest look I have ever given anyone. "We will get the wand and go back to the Isle." I said putting my head on my knees. "Good girl." Uma snickered. Uma closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. I laid on the cold cement floor and thought about just what I thought was the right thing to do. A million different options raced through my mind, but none of them satisfied me enough to stop thinking about it. I rolled over and held up my left hand as I stared at the ring on my ring finger. 'I love you too.' I said in a whisper as I kissed the ring, I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep.