Chapter 10: At least out loud

Heidi's POV

Once we were all back inside and settled I noticed that Harry was paying to attention to me because all his attention was on Uma as usual. Harry was always at Uma's side, I didn't understand why I was feeling this way, I mean Harry and I have been best friends since as long as I can remember in fact Harry was the one who introduced me to Uma. I was snapped out of my thoughts suddenly by the sound of Uma's voice, "Heidi!" I turned to face her, "Yes Uma?" I faked a smile and happy tone. "The crew and I are heading to the ship." I sighed, great another place I can watch Uma and Harry together. "Okay we should get going." I said, but before I could make it away from the table Uma's sword was in front of me. Uma stood in front of me, "WE are going as for you, you can clean this place up then met up at the ship." I looked at her in disbelief and total shock. "Excuse me?" I asked making sure I heard her right, "You want me to clean? Note to Uma I do not work here so I shouldn't have to clean this place." Uma just gave me her death glare. "You helped make the mess in here, so you clean it up." I huffed and sighed "What about everyone else who made the mess?" Uma rolled her eyes, "Look I am your captain and I am ordering that you don't leave this place intel it spotless or less of a mess." I was about to say something but was cut off by Uma, "And if you argue we me about it again I will have choice but to make you walk the plank." Uma smiled her evil smile as I looked past her to Harry for help but Harry just shrugged his shoulders and went back to looking at his golden pocket watch Uma had given him. Uma got closer to me, "And if you really want to disobey me then I will tell Harry your little secret." Uma whispered in my ear. My eyes went big and I swallowed the huge thump in my throat and put the fakest smile I could muster. "Of course, Uma, anything for my captain." I bowed to her hating every second of it. Uma smiled again, "That is what I thought you would say." Uma turned to Harry and put her hand on his shoulder, "Come on Harry we have people to scare and important pirate things to do." Uma walked off with Harry right behind her. Once I was sure they were gone I got to work. As I pick up the dirty dishes from one of the tables I start to think about how Harry didn't seem to have a problem with the way Uma was treating me, I know we are all villains but she kind of crossed the line.

Heidi: If there's a prize for rotten judgment I guess I've already won that No man is worth the aggravation {I slam the dirty dishes onto the ordering window.} That's ancient history, been there, done that. {I am startled by the sight of 3 women all dressed in long red dresses. The first one had red hair, the second one had pitch black hair, and the third one had blonde hair.}

Furies: Who you think you're kidding He's the earth and heaven to you Try to keep it hidden Honey we can see right through you

Heidi: {I turn away from the 3 ladies.} Oh no

Furies: Girl, you can't conceal it We know how you're feeling Who you thinking of?

Heidi: {I shake my head trying to ignore them.} No chance, no way, I won't say it, no, no

Furies: You swoon, you sigh, why deny it, oh, oh

Heidi: It's too cliché, I won't say I'm in love {I finish putting the dirty dishes away. I walk back out and start wiping down the tables.} I thought my heart had learned its lesson It feels so good when you start out My head is screaming "get a grip, girl" "Unless you're dying to cry your heart out"

Furies: Girl, you can't deny it Who you are and how you're feeling Baby we're not buying Hon we saw you hit the ceiling Face it like a grown-up When you gonna own up that you got, got, got it bad?

Heidi: No chance, no way. {I move to another table.} I won't say it, no, no

Furies: Give up, give in, check the grin, you're in love

Heidi: This scene won't play, I won't say I'm in love {I throw the towel down and cover my ears.}

Furies: You're doing flips read our lips, You're in love

Heidi: You're way off base, I won't say it. {I push past the 3 women.}

Furies: We'll do it until you admit you're in love

Heidi: Get off my case, I won't say it. {I turn to them and yell at them.}

Furies: Girl don't be proud, it's okay you're in love

Heidi: At least out loud I won't say I'm in love. {I look over at the three women, but to my surprise they aren't there, it's like they vanished into thin air.}

I finished cleaning the restaurant and as I put the broom away, and locked up for the night. "Well look at what I found." A male voice said. I knew that voice anywhere, it gave me the feeling of my skin was crawling, the urge to vomit began to rise in my stomach. I turned towards the voice and saw him standing there. He was 18 a year older then I was, he had his brown hair spiked up like always, he was wearing a dark yellow muscle tee with no sides, a pair of brown capree shorts that just reached his knees, and a pair of pitch black combat boot. "Clay." I said putting my hands on my hips, Clay was the son of Clayton. "What's wrong princess?" I hated when other people called me that, that was a special nickname that Harry gave me when we first met, and only he could call me that. I huffed and started to walk away but Clay put his arm on the wooden post blocking my path. "Clay? What do you what?" I asked getting really annoyed. "I just want to make sure you get home okay. It's not safe for princesses to be walking around these parts at this hour." I scoffed at him. "I can take care of myself thank you." I tried to move his arm but he wouldn't budge. "Clay seriously I would like to get home." Clay smiled bigger this time you could see the prefect shiny white teeth, "Well then let me walk you home." Clay stuck his arm out for me to grab. "That won't be necessary mate, I will be escorting the lovely lady home." Out of the shadows Harry appeared and I was now between Harry Hook and Clay Clayton, talk about being between a rock and a hard place.