Chapter 20: We are villains

Heidi's POV

"Heidi, go give our special guest food and water, we wouldn't want him to fall ill." Uma said. As I looked into her eyes, I could tell that she didn't mean one word of that, if Uma had her way she would leave Ben down there to rot. "Right away." I said as I lifted my elbows off the table, I was more than happy to get away from Uma. I walked into the back room or what I guess you would call the kitchen. "What do you want?" I grumpy elderly looking man said from behind the grill, "I need food for the prisoner." I snapped at him, the man just rolled his eyes and went back to cooking. I hated the smell back here, it smelt like dead fish, but it was a fish shop, but that also was mixed with a weird fried oil smell, I could tell the cook didn't shower today. The longer I stood here the more I missed being around a grumpy Uma. "Here!" the man said slamming a tray of a variety of fried foods. "At least you can do your job." I smiled a fake sweet smile, I went over and got Ben a glass of water. As I made my way to the door that lead to the basement, I ran into something hard. "Watch yourself love." I knew that voice. I looked up and met the icy blue eyes of a pirate. "Well maybe you should be more careful where you walk," Harry smiled his evil smile, "Harry can we talk?" I asked putting the tray and glass down, "I guess I can spare a second." I just stared at him, "Yeah, like you are so busy at the moment." I said sarcastically letting out a little laugh, "Just talk or I am leaving." Harry snapped at a little, "I want to talk about what happened in the alleyway after we robbed Dizzy." I could see the red appear on Harry's cheeks, he scratched the back of his neck. "Why do you want to talk about that?" He asked looking down at his black combat boots. "Because, I think we need to clear the air. I said stepping closer to him. Harry and I were now close enough that I could feel his hot breath against my ear. I looked into his eyes, his eyes glowed light blue due to the lack of light in the room, "We are friends that care about each other." Harry brushed his hook through my hair, down my jaw, and rested it under my chin titling my head up, "maybe we care more than we would like to admit." I said. I put my hand on his chest, I got lost in his eyes, it was like I was looking into the ocean, a calming storm threating to erupt at any moment, I was pulled out of this trance when Harry took a step back leaning on wall, "You have to stop looking at me like that." Harry said. I looked at him like he was crazy, which I already knew he was. "Excuse me, but you looked at like me the same way." Harry didn't say a word, he started playing with his hook, "Of course you got caught doing something opposite of what we are taught, so now you are going to avoid it." I huffed. "There is nothing to talk about." Harry snapped again. "How can you say that? The last couple times you and I have been around each other we have found ourselves in rather intimate situations." Harry let out a frustrated breath as he turned is dark eyes to me. "I don't see it that way, I see those moments as us being us, we have always been that way to each other." Deep down what Harry said was true. Maybe I was just looking for something that wasn't really there. "We are villains Heidi, remember." Harry said dropping his hook to his side, "How can I forget, I am reminded of that every day I wake up, I see my father and brother, and when I walk around the Isle." I can tell by the look at him that he was having conflicted emotions. "Harry what is it?" I asked not moving from the spot I was at. "Nothing." I take a step back, "I should get this to Ben, Uma wants him to be fed and hydrated." I pick up the tray and glass of water. Harry fixed his jacket and shirt, and walked out the door. I waited till I was sure that he was gone, I sighed becoming more and more confused about Harry and I, I wasn't sure what to make of us sometimes. As I made my way down the old spiral stairs, I had to be careful when walking down these stairs, these stairs were made of rotten wood that could fall apart at any moment. Almost falling a couple time, thankfully I quickly re-balanced myself, not dropping one piece of food or spilling one drop of water, In the back of my head I knew that I dropped anything Uma would make me walk the plank. I made it down the final step and opened the wooden door. I stepped in and closed the door, the place where we are keeping Ben was very damp, I could hear the water dripping down on the walls into a puddle, it had no windows the only light source was from a light bulb that hung on the ceiling, Ben was locked in a cage that took up most of the back wall, the cage was made of old black steel. I walked over to the cage, "Here." I said sliding the tray of food and glass of water in an opening in the cage. Ben looked at me for a moment, "It's not poisoned." I remarked. Ben slide across the floor and started eating his food, "So you're the daughter of Hades?" Ben asked.