5 Years After Clary's Death

(IZZY'S POV)

I leaned into Alec's shoulder as I let the tears come running down. I was dressed in all black, and so was everyone else.

We all watched as the coffin was lowered into the ground.

(CLARY'S POV)

"Do you take Jace Wayland to be your husband?" The priest asked.

"I do," I smiled.

"And do you, take Clary Fray to be your wife?"

"I do," he said.

"You may kiss the bride," the priest smiled.

Jace kissed me and we looked around to see other ghosts.

They were all clapping and cheering. I didn't know most of them, but I befriended them.

Hey, a girl can't be lonely forever! I didn't want Jace to die for me, but I'm glad he's here. Like he promised, when he saw me in heaven, he would marry me.

That's how we ended up here.

With all the other angels.

I guess happy ever afters do exist, after all.

I took Jace's hand as we skipped down to the aisle into our new world of love and miracles.

"Isabelle," I whispered. "And Alec, Simon, Mom, and Dad..if you could only see me now. You'd be proud." Tears spilled out of my eyes as Jace and I skipped down the aisle into a new world of love, happiness, and miracles.

I guess to love is to destroy, in a way. But to be loved, isn't the one to be destroyed.

To be loved, is to be selfless, brave..

To be loved is to be divergent.

Oh wait..maybe that was a book I read.

Yeah, scratch that.

To be loved is to be fearless, whole..

A hero.