Chapter 39

This felt right.

"I better get going now, Keisha will be waiting for me at home " I told Sawyer

"Why don't you stay here tonight?" Sawyer suggested.

I had the choice of staying at Sawyer's even though I had work tomorrow or staying at Keisha's and it wouldn't matter that I had work tomorrow.

"I'll stay for a bit longer but not the whole night, I have work in the morning" I reasoned

"Work?" Sawyer looked at me with a curious expression

"Yeah, I quit YouTube because it just wasn't for me and got a proper job instead" I explained

"Where do you work now?" Sawyer asked another question

"It's funny because it's the place where we first met" I smiled

"That must've been awkward with what happened before and during the past few months" Sawyer said

"No, I just didn't really think of it" I said pulling away from his hug. I didn't want to admit that actually, I did.

"I didn't mean to bring that subject up" He apologised

"It's ok, I don't mind, I didn't mean it to come across that I was offended" I said

Sawyer sat on the sofa, inviting me to join him. I snuggled into his chest as he turned Netflix. Memories came to me if when me and Sawyer would do this all the time. I smiled at that thought. I'm glad me and Sawyer were back together.

--------------------------------------------

I woke up, still laid on Sawyer's chest. I leaped up. "Shit, what time is it?" I whispered to myself. I took my phone out of my pocket and checked what time it was. It was 5am. I kissed Sawyer on the forehead and rushed out of the apartment. I needed to get to Keisha's to get ready for work.

Luckily, Keisha's house was only a block away so I walked there. I was also lucky that I had a key for her house as well. I put the key in the lock and once the door opened I crept inside. I checked the time again and noticed that I had just enough time to get ready for work.

By 7am I was ready. I couldn't believe I did what I told myself not to (stay at Sawyers all night) I was just glad that I had enough time to get ready so I wasn't late for work.

As I was walking out the door I heard a voice.

"Where have you been?" An angry Keisha asked.

"Look, I don't really have time to explain so I'll tell you later" I told her.

"Ok" she said before I closed the door.

I got into my car and drove off to work. Getting back with Sawyer really improved my mood. I was happy.