CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THRITEEN

*

Ruth chokes a sob when her eyes meets Megan's ,she saw her little girl recognise her and running towards her..

She lets go of it,the pain and sadness and unforgiveness she has had in her heart all these years and she opens her hands wide enough to accommodate her baby who isn't such a little girl enough..

"'Megan!!'' she breaths as she reaches for her daughter,Megan flings herself into her mother squeezing her tight and sobbing, Ruth holds her tight, crying with her,laughing with her.

''My beautiful baby girl,my Megan"' she says looking into Megan's wet face,kisses it,caresses it and she pulls her into a hug again

"'I am so sorry mama,I came,i couldn't come in.i-i was so alone, so scared and..i am so sorry i hurt you and father, i am so sorry..i left..i am ..oh mama is this really you..you came! You forgave me..oh mama i missed you so much''she hugs her mother,crying in her hair,returning her kisses.

They are apologising to each other as everyone looks on wondering what is going on.

Zachary who had been answering a call in Sean's car all the while suddenly alights seeing the commotion..

"'Hey little monster,happy birthday"' he says smiling down at her as she is staring at her mother crying and laughing with a strange lady

"'I am not a little monster,my name is Kiki"' she says frowning up at him.. "'Uncle Sean,who is my mummy talking to and why is she crying?'' she tugs at Sean's trousers,he stares down at her,returning his gaze back to the scene unfolding before them..

''Erm..i do not know Kiki..but hey"' he turns her away, whatever was going on, he was sure Megan wouldn't want Kiki to be involved, or maybe not. ''Do you like your present? It's a pink castle for a beautiful little princess"' he pulls her nose,she screws it up rubbing it..

''yes i love it,thank you Uncle"' she throws herself to him in hug

''See my present everyone,my friend got it for me..isn't he the greatest? I am a princess and i have a pink castle...and i will rule the world'' she squeals

Her friends are clapping and cheering her on,Sean and Zachary laughs as the children drag the gift with her,pulling it towards the party ground,opening it to set the castle up.

"'What do you think is going on there?'' Zachary is curious

''I don't know,whatever it is must be something that got her emotions all over the place'' he says turning to see Tonia wipe a tear away as she turns to draw the attention of the remaining guests away from Megan and her mother to entertain them.

Sean and Zachary walk to her,she hands them drinks,a plate of pastries and tells them to enjoy themselves,mix,have fun. She leaves them in the midst of others to get the kids.

''So officially,children's party sucks,not a hot single lady but married women with a few kids,boring husbands ,only one hot single mum who doesn't like me and a rather attractive friend,do you think i can go for the friend Tonia?she isn't my type but she isn't half bad''

''No one asked you to come,you insisted''

''Because i was hoping to see nice chicks,well guess i hoped wrong,so Tonia..you think she would go for me?''

Sean shakes his head staring at Megan and the woman as they glue each other entering into the house ''Who knows'' Sean shrugs..

''So who wants to play a dancing game?"' the clown calls out as the kids come running back screaming a 'Me' loud enough to awaken the dead.