Chapter Six

CHAPTER SIX

*

Breath Megan,

Breath!!!

She was staring at him and a thousand questions was running through her head.

Why was he here,why?Did anyone tell him about Kiki?Was he here to take her daughter away from her, steal her behind her back, why was he here? how did he know about Kiki, did..did Tonia tell him,did her parents tell him, did he find out and how..why was he here?

‘’why are you here?” she says, pushing Kiki further behind her,holding her tight

“I came to deliver Uniforms and texts,my company is the one handling schools in this district and surrounding areas“

“Why are you here?’’ she repeats
Sean frowns staring at the woman and then at Kiki behind her, she suddenly pushes Kiki behind her again. okay,that’s unsettling.

“Look” he says dropping his hand “ I don’t mean any harm if that is what you think,I am perfectly harmless”

‘’That is what the perverts,pedophiles and serial killers say right before they cause one harm”

He was taken aback ”Look lady you don’t know me”

“Oh but I do, you want to take my daughter but I won’t allow you” she snaps

“what?If I wanted to …take your daughter which is utterly ridicules,if I wanted to cause her harm I wouldn’t do it in broad day light and have someone catch me I was just harmlessly talking to Kiki-“

“Don’t call her name“ Megan snaps

‘’whoa okay, I am sorry, you obviously got the wrong idea or just a wrong perception of me, I am sorry ma’am if i came off as someone who is dangerous but I am not, I promise. Let’s start all over, my name is Sean O’Conner, I almost ran down your little girl and i felt like shit smashing her ball, I got her another one and when I saw her again today after I came to deliver the school’s orders I decided to say hello..i am sorry if I came off as a threat to your daughter but I am not, I assure you” he places his hands to his chest,speaking genuinely,then he stretches his hands forward “And you are?”

Megan eyes his outstretched hands“No one”

she says hitting his hands away and walking fast down the hall with Kiki who turns to look at him,then waves.

He smiles and waves back as they disappear.

Walking down Sean frowns, lost in thoughts.

What did he do wrong?Okay he could understand how a parent would feel when they see their kids with a random stranger but come on,the heat and anger radiating from that woman was enough to burn down a building and he did apologize to her,twice or three times if he wasn’t mistaken,he told her who he was and what he came to do, surely she should have been nice enough to return the courtesy.

There was something about the way she looked at him,as though she hated him,but why?He had never met the woman in his entire life, never! And she kept saying he wanted to steal her daughter away from her.Steal?Did someone try to steal Kiki away from her to keep her on a defensive like that?Did something happen to that little girl at some point to warrant the mother to be rude and snappy towards a stranger?

He sighs,

Maybe that was the reason for her coldness,no one was saying be nice to a total stranger but her coldness too strong.

Then another thought creeps into his mind,her daughter seemed sad,or afraid.Was she maltreating the child,was she?

He had heard of parents physically and emotionally abusing their children,he could see the fear leap into the child’s eyes as her mother called her name,maybe that was the reason she didn’t want her daughter to tell on her,this were signs.