Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR

***

Megan looks at her daughter, her eyes shaking staring from her mother to her Aunt.

“But I heard Aunt Tonia telling you that-“

“No baby, what Aunty Tonia was telling me was that erm..she ran into an old friend of ours,someone who we knew back tons of years ago”

‘’But she said Kikina’s father and-‘’

“Honey, baby’’ Megan touches her daughter’s face “she said Titerina’s okay, right Tonia?” Megan turns to her friend,Tonia is quiet‘’Tonia?” Megan is frowning,Tonia looks at her and then at Kiki, she shakes her head and then smiles at Kiki

“Yes princess,it’s Tevena-‘’

“Titerina’’ Megan corrects

“Yes Titrena’s father, some old school friend of ours that had issues with her father and we are just trying to help her through it”

“Is her father bad?” Kiki’s beautiful face is screwed up in curiosity

“No honey” Megan says ‘’but it’s something you don’t need to bug your pretty head about okay, you go brush your teeth and get ready for bed okay?”

“Okay mummy” She nods, but Megan knew her daughter would be back,she was smart as she was intuitive for a four year old, sometimes she talked smarter than her age.

“I love you” Megan touches her cheeks

“I love you more, and you too Aunt Tonia”

Tonia laughs “Me more”

Megan kisses her daughter and watches her hug Tonia and disappears into her room, Megan straightens up

“Look I know-‘’

Megan is angry “I don’t what to hear it, outside now” she steps out of her small apartment and goes to the pavement,she didn’t want to take any chances of kiki walking in on their conversation again

“Megan , no one is saying go hand your kid over to him,I am just saying you let him know that you weren’t lying when you showed up at his door four years ago”

‘‘And what does it matter?”

“You both had sex, you both,so it’s your child as much as his, whether he likes it or not and for four years going through all this shit with your family,I mean you haven’t been able to see or speak to them because you left home refusing to marry some old fart and then they didn’t want to have anything to do with you. You walked at bars, you had to serve junks during baseball tournaments,you looked after kids, cleaned up shit at nursing homes, you worked nights at a cinema house,babe the shit you had to go through being a young girl with a baby.Thank God you didn’t have to throw the towel in and give up.  You have done so much just so your daughter can have a good life and today here you are, a small apartment, a salon car even though it was a hand-me-down, you are a teacher at a kindergarten school and your daughter is in school,this life for you might not be great but you achieved this with your sweat, its only okay to let the father take a little bit of responsibility,do you know that he can afford to take care of his daughter?the dude is rich and all and I know that if he dares to deny flat, now you can get a DNA done and slap him the results across his face, you can sue him.

He needs to own up, take responsibility for the child he fathered, knowingly or unknowing and pay child support, she is his child too damnit! And you have been the only one suffering to carter for her,puting your life on hold, letting go of relationships just because you want to take care of your kid,a little help shouldn’t hurt’’