Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

*
“Megan,are you sure you want to do this?”’ The principal asks her

“’Yes”’

“’But kikina loves it here,taking her far away to the other part of town,infact outskirts of town wouldn’t do her good. Is there someting wrong,isn’t she doing good in class?Because her grades her good and her teacher says she is a really bright and smart kid,why do you want to move her away Megan?”’

I want to keep her away from her father,i don’t want him to take her away from me when he finds out she is his.

“’I just want to..to..keep her in a safe environment Ma’ám,that is all Can you please sign her transfer forms”Megan asks

The proprietress sighs sadly “’Okay, i’ll tell you what,why don’t you sleep on it this weekend and by Monday if you feel you still want to pull kiki out of the school,then i’ll sign it and arrange her transfer myself”’

“Thank you”Megan says leaving her office

“’You going to leave too?”’Divine meets her at the door

“’No, just kiki’’

“’Look Megan i really don’t understand what happened,why did that man go and report you and why were you so levid with him?Do you know him before?I mean i know what he did was wrong and he kept apologising but it seemed as though you really have something againts him,is there?”’

Megan pauses,the less anyone knows the better “’I just don’t want strangers assuming the worst just because they caught my child in a sad moment and they feel as though they know what’s wrong. Any mother would be upset and i just want to keep my child safe,that is all.See you Monday divine“’ Megan says walking away to meet Kiki who is waiting for her, they enter the car and they go home.

Divine wonders if she should tell her He asked for her address,she bites her lips.He said he wanted to apologize.
“’See you Monday Megan”’ she says instead.

*

“’I did tell you that it wasn’t your business didn’t i?if i were her i would slap you myself..twice for bad behaviour.Can you imagine her state?Poor little monster never knew her daddy and mummy having issues with fam,and maye she and her husband-”

‘’she said Miss not Mrs”’

“’Oh so,they never married.Do you think it was one of those,hit-knock-up situations and just when they were about to hook up legally,he died?How did he die?”

“’we didn’t get that far into the conversation”’ Sean sighs seating next to Zachary rubbing his jaw,he frowns.

“’Do you know any Megan Phillips or have you heard of anyone of that name?”

Zachary thinks for a second shaking his head ‘‘Nope,why?Who is that..some famous somebody?”’

“’No,kiki’s mother”’

Zachary frowns ‘’And i should know her why?”

‘’No stupid! look when she mentioned her name i could swear that name rang a bell but “’ he rubs his temple..”’i can’t place it,the name or the face or the incidence but ...it just so sounds familiar”’

“Look there are a thousand Seans in the country and a few O’’Conners,so maybe you met a Megan Phillip once onpon a time in your earthly existence”’

“’Yeah maybe but the strangest thing is that the name sort of brought this..i don’t know..anger, fear,regret..i don’t know.But there is some lingering-is it biitersweet feeling i can’t shake off.it wasn’t just the name Zack,it was the way the name sounded and with her voice,everything sounded like... shit! i can’t seem to place it”’