Chapter 46 - Home?✞

~~Home?~~

"Come on! You two need to get out of here!" I was being pulled, my attention trying to be aimed anywhere else.

"Gen! Come on, quick!" I got dragged away. The sight of Zeke. He was lying in the floor. Blood seeping out of his shoulder, creating a puddle around him.

"You're bleeding! Come on." I didn't know my surroundings. I couldn't tell who was talking to me. All of my attention was on Zeke. I couldn't talk. I couldn't even walk properly.

👣...👣...👣

"Is she okay?" I heard mumbles from outside the door.

"She will be." I recognised the voice. I didn't know where I was.

"It's just grazed right?" Someone else asked.

"Yes. Imogen will be ready to go now... But this is the second time you two have come in here with bullet wounds." Now I knew where I was.

"Second time?!" Someone shouted.

"Chill... I will explain. We should get her out of here." The door opened.

"Gen?" It was Nate and Seth.

"Yeah. We ready to go?" I had gotten up and was just putting my shirt on as they walked in.

"Um... You okay?" Seth asked.

"Yeah, fine. It's just a scratch. Now let's get out of here." I said grabbing my things.

"Oh...okay. Gen? What's going on with you?" Nate asked holding me close to him.

"Nothing." I said to him.

"Gen, come on, I am not stupid." And he wasn't.

"I-I just want to get out of here while Zeke isn't going to find us." I muffled into his chest.

"Okay. Then we will go. But, you need to know... Zeke is in jail..." Nate smiled.

"W-what?" I asked.

"Yeah, the police came and they got us rushed to the hospital with you. They took him away and said he will be locked up for a long time. No guns allowed to be involved with the laws or something." Seth smiled.

"Oh and the fact that after his sentence he is to be assigned to a Psych Ward." Nate smiled.

"S-so... I still can't be here. Lonsgato! We need to go back! I need to see Brooke." I told them.

"That's where we are going. I have a... Um... A surprise for you." Nate smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Okay. Well, we will see you soon Seth. I'll be back to get the rest of my things. I just-" Seth cut me off.

"I understand. Don't talk, just come here." He told me, pulling me in for a huge hug.

"Thank you. I know it was you that did that to Zeke. Love you bro." I whispered to him.

"Anything to keep you two alive. Love you too!" He said kissing my forehead.

"How did you do it?" I asked him.

"I keep telling you all I'm a ninja!" He joked,bbut I wasn't even going to ask anymore.

"Bro... Soon?" He said to Nate.

"Corse bro..." There was an awkward pause. Then they both hugged each other, with me pushing them closer.

"Love you bro. Sor saving our lives!" Nate said, smiling.

"Love you too. I'm sorry... For everything." Seth blurted out.

"Don't be. We will see you soon." Nate told him.

"Come on... Even I didn't cry this much!" I joked.

"Uh hu!" They both coughed.

"Come on then." Nate said.

👣...👣...👣

After a heartfelt talk with Seth about what to tell the others, we departed, jumping into Nate's car we headed back down to Lonsgato.

"So... Um... Thank you Nate." I said to him, as I took his hand in mine.

"For what?" He asked.

"Not giving up on me." I told him staring out of the window into the pitch black night sky. The only light illuminating the way was from the stars in the sky.

"Never. I would never give up on you." He tightened the grip he had on my hand and I knew I was safe.

"Love you Nate." I smiled, gently kissing his cheek.

"Love you too. Long ride better get some sleep bae." He said kissing the back of my hand.

👣...👣...👣

"GENNNNNN!" I was awoken by a very loud and excited Brooke.

"Urgh!" I yawned then realised I was being carried.

"Sorry. didn't mean to wake you." she said as I jumped down from Nate's grasp.

"Hey." I wearily said to her. "Why are you so excited?"

"You are fricking back! Why wouldn't I be?!" She jumped around and hugged me.

"Where's Fin-" I was cut off by someone attacking me.

"BOO! I'm here, silly." Hugging me, Finch booped my nose and treated me like I was 5.

"I am not a child." I defended myself.

"Says you who was just being carried asleep by Nate." I blushed but smiled at Nate.

"Shut it you." I playfully pushed his shoulder.

"So... I have... um... A-a surprise for y-you." Nate said. His hand was rubbing the back of his neck, he always does this when he's nervous.

"Your nervous?" I asked.

"Well, its... its quite a big surprise." He admitted. I turned to Brooke and Finch but they were just stood smiling at me.

"What the hell have you done?" I asked turning back to Nate.

"Just come on." He started walking and we followed.

"Nate. What's going on?" I caught up to him.

We kept walking, past Brookes house, Past the hotel I stayed in, Past the stream and up the hill. I hadn't had time to go up this fat when I was here. It wasn't a massive trek but I never ha reason to come up here.

"Little more now." We were holding hands and walking side by side. I had gave up on asking because he obviously wasn't going to answer me so what was the point.

"Nate?" I asked as reached the top of the hill. There was just a cute little remote house, with a perfect little backyard and a few flowers growing up the walls.

"Ta da!" Nate said standing in front of me with his arms out.

"Wha- The... The house?" I asked shell shocked.

"Yeah... I know its not much but-" I ran into his arms and hugged him so tight.

"You like it then?" Someone walked out of the door.

"Poppy?" I walked up to her.

"Hey. Glad to see you are back. Nate told me everything." She said hugging me.

"Yeah I did... So Poppy chose this little beauty for us." Nate smiled.

"Really? This is ours?" I was still in shock.

"Yeah. Go check out your new home." Poppy said.