Chapter 38 - Impatience✞

~~Impatience~~

"Miss?" I was woken by a doctor.

"Yes. That me." I yawned sitting up, waking up Brooke with me.

"It's Nate." He said.

"What about him?" Brooke asked for me.

"He is stable, but he is still unconscious." He told us

"But he's okay?" I asked.

"Imogen?" It was the doctor from yesterday.

"Yes." I said.

"Nate is perfectly fine. But still not awake. You did a very incredible thing by tying the belt around him. If you wouldn't have... Let's say I think there would be different news." He was honest. I liked that.

"Thank-you so much!" I said.

"It's our pleasure." He smiled and walked off with the other doctor.

"Great news! Now can I see him." She asked.

"Corse. Come on in." I said.

We walked in the room. He was laying in the bed, hooked up to this massive machine. He is whiter than usual but in his defence he has been shot. Still he looks as perfect as ever.

"He looks so adorable." Brooke says in awe.

"I know. And he's mine." I smile to myself.

"G-gen?" He stuttered coughing.

"Nate!" I shouted which alerted a nurse.

She came in and played around with the machine that Nate was hooked up to. After she had finished she left the three of us alone.

"Nate. Babe, how do you feel?" I asked walking back in.

"Better now you're here." I walked over and kissed his forehead.

"Good. I'm glad." I smiled sitting next to him.

"Who's this then?" He smiled at Brooke as he sat up.

"This is Brooke. I met her before everything happened." I said.

"A pleasure to meet-" he gasped in pain then continued. "You, Brooke." He smiled and shook her hand.

"And yourself. Heard a lot about you Nate." She said looking at me.

"You told her everything." He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Good. Glad to meet you anyways." He said.

We spoke for ages after that. Brooks mum and dad came by to talk to her and they met Nate. Said that he was lucky and that if we ever needed anything to ask. As much as Brooke had her own place and didn't live with her parents because they were traveling, they were around a lot more now because of her brother.

We slept the night in the hospital. Nate was getting better. He was on extra high tablets to help him. I slept in. Nate's arms on the hospital bed, while Brooke slept on the recline-able chair next to the bed.

👣...👣...👣

"So other than keeping an eye on the wound, you are free to go." The doctor told us.

"Thank-you Doc." Nate smiled.

"Thank-you again." I felt the need to say thanks too.

"It's no problem. My pleasure." He smiled and left us three in the hospital room.

"So... Let's go!" Nate said excitedly jumping up, hurting himself.

"Not yet Buckaroo. Just because you are free to go doesn't mean your perfectly fine. And... We don't exactly have anywhere to go." I said settling him back down.

"Oh... Yeah..." Nate saddened.

"Come stay with me!" Said a perky voice from behind us.

"No. We couldn't do tha-" she cut me off.

"Who said you had a choice?" She smiled.

"Are you sure. She's a pain to live with." Nate joked. I hit his arm. "And she gets feisty."

"Shut it you." I told him, laughing.

"Corse I'm sure. I have loads of room now my mum and dad don't live there. I feel lonely really. You would actually be doing me a favour." She said.

"Well... Just for a while." Nate said.

"Only if you don't mind..." I was hesitant. I didn't like intruding.

"Gen... What did I tell you outside..." I knew what she meant.

"Okay fine." I hugged her tight.

"And you'll already know your way around." She pointed out.

"Very true!" I giggled.

"Why would you now your way around?" Nate asked.

"I've been there before. Before I met Zeke and all this happened." I told him. He understood.

"So, let's get you two back to my place then." Brooke excitedly jumped up.