Chapter 9 - Lonsgato✞

~~Lonsgato~~

~Two And A Half Weeks Later~

It's been two weeks since I said goodbye to Nate and continued my search.

I was currently in a hotel type thing, in this town called Lonsgato. Very vintage, it's adorable. Small town, not many people, my kind of place. I was getting my things together and packing my rucksack when my dad phoned.

The call:

Dad: Gooood morning Angel.

Me: Morning dad.

Dad: How are you?

Me: I'm fine.

Dad: How's Nate?

Me: I'm not with him anymore. I'm continuing looking for the 'him' to my light.

Dad: Shame. Mrs. Barbary is here my the way.

He handed over the phone to Mrs. Barbary and I said hello but she told me to just listen... This is what she said.

Mrs. Bradbury: Love, I know it. I can feel it. You've done it already and you know it. Keep going as much as you want but when you find it... You will understand what love is. It won't be easy Hun... But trust me. When you know what love is... You will do everything in your power to get it. Keep the new people in your lives. Promise me that. Promise me you will remember what I've said.

Me: Wait what-

Mrs. Bradbury: Just promise.

Me: Of course I will. You are one of the four people who have made sense about all of this.

Mrs. Bradbury: I'm glad I could be of help but I have to leave you be.

She gave the phone back to my dad. He said good bye and wished me the best then hung up. I could get what Mrs. Barbary had told me out of my mind. I did promise her. But when she said 'You've done it already and you know it.'

What. Is. This. Sorcery.

Funny joke being as she thinks she's psychic or some sort of it anyways. What did she mean by all the 'When you know what love is. You will do everything in your power to get it' stuff... She confuses me like hell. But, to be honest, it does make some sort of sense to me. And it kind of helped in a way.

Knock Knock

Walking to the room door, I opened it to find a woman.

"Imogen right?" I nodded as she smiled. "Well, I just wanted to know if you enjoyed your stay." She gave me a leaflet.

"I have thank-you. I love this town." I replied.

"It's cute right. Anyway I have to get going, thank-you for staying here." She smiled and walked down the hall to the stairs.

Closing the door behind me, I looked at the leaflet she had given me. It had a map of the small town in the middle of it. I had told her my plan to stay here for a few weeks. Admittedly, the only reason I'm staying here because I have had enough of driving and staying in Motels. Most of them are okay, but then there are some that are just... Ew... No.

👣...👣...👣

"Thank-you Sir." I politely thanked the guy.

"No problem young lady." Everyone here was is so kind. I'm going to make the most of this place.

I slung my rucksack back over my shoulder, after having a drink, and decided to go for a walk about the town.

👣...👣...👣

Cobble stone roads covered the ground I walked on. This neighbourly, homespun town with a friendly, welcoming and old-fashioned vibe was adorable. Brightly coloured, picturesque buildings filled the traditional tight-knit village. Pure, refreshing air blew pleasantly past me. I came upon a small church at the top of the village.

Wandering through the large wooden doors of the church I saw how beautiful it was. Bold glass-stained windows surrounded by concrete walls. A deep red carpet led the way to the alter. I followed the immaculate carpet until I reached the front of the church.

"Your new?" I heard a voice ask.

Turning round I saw the priest. Stereotypical, white robe with a black neck band. "Yes I am. My names Imogen. Sorry, I didn't know it was closed." I rambled on walking towards the door.

"Oh don't worry. It's never closed." He said walking up to the front of the church. "Please sit." He asked, gesturing to the front row.

I sat on the row and he began to talk. "I'm Priest Richards... So, what brings you to Lonsgato?"

"I'm... Um... Well.." I stopped talking and puled out my necklace.

"Oh. You are on your journey." he smiled and sat on the alters step in front of me.

"Yeah. I am." I put my necklace back under my shirt.

"You don't sound happy. Am I correct." He smiled knowing he was.

"Yes. I don't see why this has to happen. I think living your life with is something you should chose." I admitted for the first time.

"You sound like you have already been in love but know you cant be with 'sed' person?" He asked.

"What? No. I haven't... I just assume that's that what it should be like." I stuttered.

"Well, I wish you luck on your journey. How long are you staying?" He stood back up and walked around.

"I'm staying for a few weeks." I told him.

"You should come and join in with the church sessions sometime." He said.

"What are they?" I asked. If I was going to stay here I may as well do something.

"Its just a group of 17 year olds that are going to be leaving for their 'Adventure'... If you don't mind, would you speak for them and tell them what to expect?" What to expect...

Meeting new people... Going different places... oh yeah, Nearly getting kidnapped. Ooo. tell them that Imogen, I am sure they will love it. Shut. Up. Brain.

"Sure... I'm not sure what I'm going to tell them... I have only been driving around for just under a month or so... Not long at all actually." I said trying to get out of it.

"All you have to tell them is what things are good and what things they need to look out for. They will probably just ask you questions so it won't be that bad." He smiled.

"Okay dokay. What time?" he turned back to face me.

"1:00pm. I will see you there." He smiled again and returned to his work.

"I will be here." I said leaving the church.

👣...👣...👣

Did I really just say I will talk to a group of seventeen year olds about my journey? Why did I do that. At least it will only be them asking me questions and me answering them. Still, I hope they know some already, because I don't think I will be a help at all.