Chapter 11 - The Festival✞

~~The Festival~~

*One Week Later*

For the past week I've been introducing myself to more people and getting to know everybody in the village. I spent the last few days with a girl that I met here, her names Brooke. She turned 18 a week before me.

She however decided to do what most people are doing and wait until January before she starts driving round. Wants to stay with her family for Christmas. Obvious choice to be honest but I just wanted to get going. I had told her about everything I've been through. She said her brother was sort of ill so she had put off going on the hunt for a while. I told her about Nate and about nearly getting kidnapped. We laughed at that.

... ... ...

Anyways, the festival was tonight and she said that we need to go shopping and find an outfit. Apparently there was this shop about a mile or two away from Lonsgato that is amazing for this type of stuff. I took her word for it and decided to go with her. We bought a few things and decided to get ready.

She sees everything in a different way than I do. Although she doesn't like the idea of literally going to find the other person, she looks forward to it. She likes the thrill of meeting someone and being with them. As she said, she is very easily to get along with so, whoever is her missing other will be fine. She's very... Herself. She said that's what she likes about me. Said I was my own person.

Her hair is jet black, medium length and slightly curly. She was wearing short black and white dungarees, with a black under tee and black vans. Her wrists were full with multi coloured bracelets and she had a bird necklace on.

I was wearing black shorts with patterned tights, a black tee with a lightning bold down the front, a long sleeved denim shirt with black studs on the shoulders over the top and my black Doc Martens.

We laughed as we walked out of my Hotel room. Seeing the festival from my window was amazing. I had a very good view of the twin so we could see nearly everything that was going on. Music was playing all around us and people dressed in fancy and casual clothes. Children with face paint on ran past and Brooke dragged me with her.

"Where are we going?" I asked laughing and I banged into people.

"Just come here." She stopped and sat in a chair sitting me down next to her.

"Can I have a black pattern around my eyes and the side of my face please." She asked giggling.

"Of corse you can- Imogen?" It was Lady Lux- sorry Poppy.

"Poppy. A delight to see you again." I said.

"And yourself... So what would you like?" She asked as she started Brooke's face paint.

"Urm... I'm not sure..." I said.

"Get the same as me!" Brooke laughed.

"Why not!" I laughed with her. After Poppy had done both our face paint we saw little kids run out of this shop dressed as superheroes.

"Cute aren't they." Poppy said.

"Very, so what is this festival exactly?" I asked.

"Anything you want. It's basically just a day, where you celebrate something good you have done." She said. "It can be anything!" She laughed leaving myself and Brooke.

"What are you celebrating?" I asked Brooke?

"I am celebrating meeting you, an us being amazing!" She cheered.

"I'll second that!" I cheered with her.

Brooke walked away leaving me on my own. "Where are you-" She cut me of telling me just to wait there.

A few minuets later she came back with two drinks.

"Cheers to us!" She held up her cup.

"Cheers to us!" I repeated, clinking our cups together.

"So, when are you leaving?" She asked, sadness in her voice.

"I'm not sure... I never really decided..." I lightened the mood.

"Promise we'll keep in touch?" She asked.

"Are you kidding. Course we will. I have your number, Email, Skype..." Everything you can think of.

"True." She smiled.

"Are you looking forward to leaving?" We walked out of the way of the festival a bit and sat on a bench.

"I think so..." She said.

"Think so?" I repeated in a question.

"I am... But I have to admit." She looked behind her to the mash of people. "I am going to miss this place." She said.

"When I leave I'm going to miss it and I didn't even grow up here." I laughed.

"Do you miss home?" She asked me.

"Course... But I like being in places like this. Since I was little I have always wanted to go on an adventure." I told her.

"So, you enjoy all of this then." Pointing to my necklace I assume she meant trying to find him. whoever he was.

"Not exactly..." I said.

"What?" She was confused.

"I mean like. I enjoy the adventure, but not the point of spending your life with someone, without exactly getting to know them first." I sipped my drink.

"But... You still have tonight to be free and party your arse off!" She said dragging me to the crowd of people. "Please?" She begged.

"I don't know..." I hesitated.

"Pretty pleaseeeeee." She begged again.

"I don't see why the physical appearance of pretty made a difference... But okay." I gave in.

"Oh hardy har har! Now hurry up!" Again being dragged further into the crowd.

After dancing around for a while I decided I needed a drink. "BROOKE?" I shouted.

"YEAH?" She shouted back.

"DRINK!" I gestured my hand to look like a drink.

"OKAY! HURRY BACK THOUGH!" She continued to dance around with a bunch of strangers.

Pushing thought the crowd of people. I made it through the swarm of drunken, partying people and grabbed a bottled water from a shop. I decided to text Brooke and tell her I wold be back soon. She replied with 'Okay Dokay Kiddo.' she loved calling me a kid even though she was only a week or so older than me.

Taking a wander along the lake. I had never realised how beautiful it was at night. Reflections from the festival rippled along the surface creating a majestic, luminance glimmer of light for me to see where I was going.

After about 20 minuets I decided to start heading back to Brooke. She texted saying she was taking a breather over by the shops. To get to the shops I had to get through the crowd of people... Yaye me. That's when I saw a light. like a sort of small glow. It was a guy. He was wearing one of the necklaces...