Chapter 45- Trouble✞

~~Trouble~~

"The... Um... T-the truth is... Guys... Nate is... Is-" I was cut off by the door closing.

"Nate is gone... He left Gen. She is back with me." Zeke said as we all turned around to him.

He casually walked through everyone and came to stand next to me. Snaking his arm around my waist sent chills through my whole body. My eyes scanning the room, over everyone, they all looked in shock at me and Zeke.

"Gen?... What's going on?" Blake asked.

"I... Um..." I paused as Zeke whispered in my ear.

"Play along... Or no more Nate... Now smile for the audience..." I knew what he meant. Smile like he had just said something funny. I did.

"I'm with Zeke now." I smiled through the unbearable pain.

"What happened to Nate?" Haley asked.

"Well... He..." I stuttered like crazy.

"I know... I know it's hard." Zeke said, rubbing his hand up and down my back. I violently shivered.

"What is he talking about?" Ray asked me.

"Nate hurt her... She doesn't like talking about it. Bad memories." He looked to me for a response.

"Yes... H-he's right..." I saw Dyl stood at the back of the room. Seth next to him. They looked at me, unbelieving what they were hearing.

"Hurt you?! You said he didn't!" Blake said taking my hand in his.

"Just drop it Blake..." I pulled my hand away.

"All that matters is that you love me. Right Genny?" Zeke turned to me.

"Um... Right." I said, faking a painful smile.

"Good." He leaned forward and kissed me.

He held me tight, not letting me pull away. Only then, I heard the door slam.

"Gen?" I broke away to see Nate stood at the door.

"Nate! I-I..." He reopened the door and left, letting it slam as he closed it again.

"It's okay. He's gone." Zeke, pulled me I to his chest.

I bet he was loving this. I was trying to fight back, but he just held me tighter. It honestly looked like Nate had hurt me. I needed to explain... Wait. What was he even doing here?! He was supposed to be in Lonsgato. How did he even know where to find me?

"Let go!" I pushed Zeke away. I headed for the door.

"Gen?" Seth held my arm.

"I need..." Zeke was looking at me, listening quietly. "Need... Some air. I can't breath. Just leave me." He let go, knowing what I meant, I left the apartment.

"Nate? Nate!" I ran down stairs and caught him before he got outside. "Nate!" I shouted again.

I ran up to him and pulled him back.

"Nate..." I huffed.

"What?!" He snapped.

"Let me explain!" I shouted, tears freeing from my eyes.

"Explain what? I saw everything I need to!" I saw, he was crying too.

"What?! I was faking that!" I cried.

"So you didn't agree you loved him. Lied about me hurting you. And kiss him. That didn't happen, no?" It began to rain lightly.

"No!... Well yes but-"

"But nothing! I-I came to surprise you. I came to take you back. I didn't care about Zeke anymore... But... Apparently you don't care... about us." This hurt so much. He tried to walk away.

"You really think I'd choose him over you?! I risked my life for you and you really think I'd give that up... For him?! It hurts me to think that, that's what you think of me!" I was practically shouting now. Rain pouring over us, soaking us.

"I didn't think of you like that! But now... Now I don't have a choice but to think that..." That hurt the most. I preferred it when he shouted.

"Fine Nate. Fine... I was prepared to run away with you. Spend my whole life with you. Possibly get married... Have children... But no. If that's what you think of me. Why do I even try." I wasn't shouting. I literally gave up. "I love you, but you obviously don't love me."

I walked away. Walked back to the apartment building. The rain soaking me. "Imogen!" I turned around. "I love you too. But... But... But you can't stay with him. You can't be scared of him. Scared for me..." He was crying more than me now.

"I'm not scared of him... I'm scared of him hurting you. I'm scared of never being able to be with you. I'd rather you live a perfect life with someone else... Than live a regretful one with me..." I walked closer to him.

"I'd rather die trying to be with you... Than me living and you being with him. I will not let you stay with that psychopath. Seth told me what he tried to do. He had a gun for fucks sake. And I let you go with him. You know what that did to me!" He stepped closer.

"We need to get out of here. Away from him. Just you and me." I said.

"But first..." He spun me around. "Cheesy line, check. Rain, check. Perfect girl... Check." Then he kissed me. In the rain. Like the perfect movie moment.

"Could you have made that any cheesier?" I laughed.

"Not if I tried." He laughed too. "Come on. We can figure this out when we get somewhere safe. Myself, Seth and Dyl arranged it all." He said taking out his keys.

"So you weren't going to leave?" I asked.

"Oh no. I was so gonna leave you but... I can't leave you."

*Clap Clap Clap*

We spun around. "Well, well, well... I thought I was paranoid about Nate being a hero and showing up... But, thank you for proving my theory Nate." Zeke stood, hands in his pockets.

"What happened to you Zeke?" Nate asked.

"What happened to me? You did. You and your little crush on my girl." He said.

"I am not yours. And never will be!" I argued walking closer. Nate held me back.

"You destroyed me. My life. My future. Nothing is good anymore. Nothing can ever be repaired. And for that..." He took his hands from his pocket, reviling a gun.

"Nate..." I stepped back.

"Zeke, put the gun down!" Nate shouted.

"No! I loved you. I still do. Genny! I. Love. You. Come back to me, please..." He said.

"Fuck you. You didn't love me. You just want what you can't have. I don't love you. I pity you Zeke." I harshly put it.

"Well... I gave you a chance. Now. It's time to die." He pointed the gun to me.

"Surrender yourself... Or I'll kill Nate." He threatened.

"No. No you won't. If I surrender you will kill him anyways!" I cried.

"Wow... You know me too well Genny. See this is why we should be together." He said.

"Never. To get to Nate... You better go though me!" I stood in front of Nate.

"Gen?" Nate held me tight. "Whatever happens... I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too..." I shut my eyes, and shut them tight I did.

BANG

That... That was the end...