Expect The Unexpected

For a few days, the school could talk of little else but the attack on Mrs. Norris. Filch kept it fresh in everyone's minds by pacing the spot where she had been attacked, as though he thought the attacker might come back. I had seen him scrubbing the message on the wall with Mrs. Skower's All-Purpose Magical Mess Remover, but to no effect; the words still gleamed as brightly as ever on the stone.

When Filch wasn't guarding the scene of the crime, he was skulking red-eyed through the corridors, lunging out at unsuspecting students and trying to put them in detention for things like "breathing loudly'and "looking happy."

Ginny seemed very disturbed by Mrs. Norris's fate. According to Ron, she was a great cat lover, I on their hand said she was over reacting.

"But you haven't really got to know Mrs. Norris," Ron told her bracingly. "Honestly, we're much better off without her." Ginny's lip trembled as I said so. "Stuff like this doesn't often happen at Hogwarts," Ron assured her. "They'll catch the maniac who did it and have him out of here in no time."Ron assured her.
"Yeah, I just hope he's got time to Petrify Filch before he's expelled-
"She's only joking -" Ron added hastily giving me a look as Ginny blanched, I shrugged.

The attack had also had an effect on Hermione. It was quite usual for Hermione to spend a lot of time reading, but she was now doing almost nothing else. I couldn't, Nor could Harry and Ron get much response from her when we asked what she was up to, and not until the following Wednesday did we find out.

I had been walking around the castle aimlessly with Draco, Crabbe and Goyle, making jokes and mostly watching Crabbe and Goyle make fools of themselves. After a long lunch of flinging things across the hall at the Ravenclaws, I went upstairs to meet Cedric in the library.

Our session was rather quick seeing as he had other things to do, we focused on our work and he left early, leaving me to study on my own for the rest of the free period, when I noticed Harry walk into the library, he smiled at me and walked over, he whispered,"What are you doing here?"

"Studying, Im surprised you actually know where the library is."I joked and he nudged me,"Have you seen ron?"

"Rons here too? Wow-the world must be ending."I smirked and he rolled his eyes with a smile,"Very funny."

"I haven't, he might be in the back, trying to finish his composition- seeing as he never did get started on it, and speaking of that, I promised crabbe i would take him a book on "The Medieval Assembly of European Wizards." Im sure he's just gonna write it word for word- but I mean at least he did something."

He patted my shoulder, kissing my cheek before heading toward the back of the library, I stood up and began to look around for the best book, and the one Professor Binns for sure hasn't gotten his hands on before, Wait, can be grab these? Can ghost grab these books or is there like a ghost library with like dead people books?...
Hmm, interesting.

I turned a corner to hear,"All the copies of Hogwarts, A History have been taken out," Hermione said, sitting down next to Harry and Ron. "And there's a two-week waiting list. I wish I hadn't left my copy at home, but I couldn't fit it in my trunk with all the Lockhart books."

"Why do you want it?" said Harry.

"The same reason everyone else wants it," said Hermione, "to read up on the legend of the Chamber of Secrets."

"What's that?" said Harry quickly.

"That's just it. I can't remember," said Hermione, biting her lip. "And I can't find the story anywhere else--"

"Well I don't really see the importance of this chamber but, You can borrow my copy, I think I left it in Harry's trunk."I told her as I grabbed Crabbes book from a shelf besides their table.