Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

KEVIN'S POV

I was just getting up and going to go downstairs to find Nick when I heard him talking to Crystal in his bedroom.

I knocked on Nick's door, a few moments later I heard a faint “Come in!” and that's just what I did.

“Hey Nick, can I talk to you for a minute?” I asked.

“Sure” Nick said getting up and telling Crystal that he would be right back.

When we got out to the hall he closed the door behind him.

“What's up?” he asked taking in my look and suddenly looking worried.

“Sarah broke up with me” I said emotionless.

“Kev, I'm really sorry. I know you really liked her.” he said sincerely.

“I didn't just like her though, I loved her. I still love her” I said slowly, but the last part quietly wondering if I should really say it or not.

“Kevin if you still love her, then let her know. Maybe she still loves you. You never know unless you try” Nick said being careful not to strike any nerves.

“You're right I'll go call her right now” I said getting a little too excited.

As I went back to my room to grab my phone, I saw the door to Nick's room close.

JOE'S POV

I was walking by to go downstairs when I heard Nick say something I never thought could ever come out of his mouth. He was always so nice and giving everyone second chances, but this?

“Crystal I don't know if I will be able to stop next time I see him, he better hope joe and kevin are there to stop me because I won't be able to on my own” Nick said with major tension in his voice.

“Don't, really, it's not that bad” I heard Crystal tell him.

“When is it going to be bad? When he puts you in the hospital for something more severe like a broken rib? Crystal you can't say this is ok. It's not. Abuse is never ok no matter who does it.” Nick said.

If I didn't know better I would say he was just trying to get her out. But I did know better and I heard the heartbreak in every word he said to her. That's when I knew that he really didn't want to hurt lucas he just knew his instinct to protect her would kick in.