Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

KEVIN'S POV

I had to talk to Nick. As I walked thru the park, the greens and oranges of Autumn swept in the leaves around me. My thoughts changed with the clouds as question marks formed. I was just rounding the corner when I heard her.

“Lucas please, just leave” she said sounding frightened.

I hid behind a big beautiful oak careful not to be seen while I tried to see what was going on.

“You're coming with me!” he told her, anger in his voice.

“No!” she said firmly.

That's when it all began. He grabbed her wrists and tugged, she whimpered in pain and that only made him smile.

She looked at the tree and saw me hiding there and looked at me with pleading eyes begging me to do something.

I nodded to her silently telling her I understood then I turned around and headed down to where they were.

Right as I had started heading down I heard her yelp and then start to cry. I hurried down the rest of the way. When I got they she was in tears, we locked gazes and I gave her an apologetic look telling her I was sorry. She was the only one who knew Lucas used to be my friend. I had asked joe earlier to meet me at the park so we could walk to get Nick together, but I didn't see him anywhere so I guess I would have to deal with lucas alone. I felt terrible, I never knew lucas was capable of doing this. I was almost there when I heard her again.

“OWWW!!!” she yelped.

“You're hurting me lucas, stop please!!” she begged him.

“Not until you come with me” I heard him say angrily.

“Kevin wait up” joe said from behind me. “Dude why are you running?” joe asked.

He must have heard her cry too because he gave a look saying he understood.

“I believe she asked you to stop” I said angrily once I got there.

“Kev! My man! What's up?” Lucas asked.

Joe gave me a look saying he didn't understand and I gave him one back saying I'd explain later.

“I'm not your man anymore and you don't get to call me Kev, now let her go” I told him harshly.

I could tell by the look in her eyes that pain was soaring through her wrists.

“Well come on now Kev, you of all people know if you want me to let go of what's mine you're going to have to make me” lucas said with a teasing tone.

“Fine” I said.