Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

NICK'S POV

I was driving by when I saw Joe waving at me and pointing to the ground. I pulled over and saw kevin beating the crap outta some guy. I jumped out and helped joe pull the two apart. I looked at the guy and recognized him immediately. “You used to be kevin's friend” I said frustrated.

Kevin looked at me shocked.

“You knew?” he asked.

“of course I knew” I said.

“so you know he used to date Crystal and has been hurting her?” he asked.

He knew the minute he asked that he should've waited.

Now it was their turn to pull me off of him.

“Leave and don't come back or we're going to have problems” joe said angrily.

“Stupid Jonas'” he mumbled as he ran off.

“What is going on? And what did you mean by he's been hurting Crystal?” I starting firing at Kevin.

“I didn't know he was, not until today at least” he said.

“What was he doing to her?” I asked a little scared of what I would hear.

“He had her wrists. Nick she was in tears by the time me and joe got to her” kevin said a little guiltily.

“Where is she?” I asked.

Joe pointed to a big oak by a clear flowing river.

“I moved her so she wouldn't get hurt in the fight. Nick she hit her head when she fell to the ground with lucas, and she hasn't moved since I put her there” joe said with obvious worry and concern in his voice.

“It's ok, go get the car started” I told joe, and he did as I said.

I looked at kevin.

“I am so sorry Nick, Please forgive me” kevin pleaded.

I only told kevin one thing.

“If he ever comes near her again, don't even hesitate. You understand?”

he looked at me confused.

“Wait, so you're not mad at me?” kevin asked.

“You helped save her, how could I be mad at you for that?” I said with sincerity.

Then I ran to where Crystal was laying under the oak, my mind like a tornado just passed through it because I could see the blood coming from the back of her head and the bruises starting to form on her wrists. Her safety was all that mattered now.