Chapter Thirty-Five

Hello, lovelies!! I hope you all enjoy this chapter of the hybrid queen!!! 

Tell me what you think in the comments =D I love reading your comments and like always, thank you for all your support! =D 

XOXO

Lisa

----------

Katherine's POV:

It's been a week since we defeated King David, it has been a week since he entered my body and it has been a week since we bounded him. I thought all these things as I touched the ring that was on my middle finger.

I hated this ring. Couldn't they find a prettier one?

I was currently sitting down in one of the balconies of the castle royal suit, Sepherus and I had stayed a making sure that my mother organized everything. By now it was well known that I was the princess of the vampire world, and by now the human side of the world must already know of my existence. We're just waiting for their response.

King David had said something that had me worried. Could the humans be up to something? Could they have weapons to fight us? If there was a war, could we win?

I was more worried about the werewolves than the vampires, at least they were not extinct, But I had to do something about it. I had to bring them up this part of the world in such a way that the humans would notice it.

Right now, it seems impossible. They are different, in appearance, they're much more... hairy and dark skin tone, compared to the vampires. I wanted them to be able to have proper training, education, a normal kind of living.

But there was a bigger problem than the humans, the vampires. Their constant hatred for vampires was incredible. I was going to be a big impact for them to come back to a society ruled by vampires. And even if I wanted to, I was queen to take such risk.

I looked towards the garden that was once reconstructed, I had ordered the guard to put white roses instead of red. It just made everything more vivid. The castle was too dark for my liking so my mother, the queen order all the curtains, bed sheets to change into pastel colors. I was very pleased.

In a week everything had changed, my mother seems more relax, her face didn't look sad anymore and she smiles more than ever, the same servants commenting on her beauty.

I smiled at the thought of my mother. Thanks to her, Kiona was able to bound King David. I was in control of my body. Although I did have a bounding tattoo underneath my ring.

I didn't need to turn around to see who had entered the room. Sepherus slid his arms around my waist hugging me from behind. "What are you thinking about, sweetheart?" I smiled at his sweet gesture and lean back on him.

"In everything..." I simply said. He kissed my cheek. "Come, your mother wants to see you." He grabbed my hands and guided me.

We enter the throne room where my mother sat in her throne of glass. She was wearing a beautiful white gown. We both kneel down in respect. "Children, you don't need to kneel down. "She said as she stood up from her throne and made her way toward us. She caresses my cheek and hugged me while she just petted Sepherus on the head.

"Mother, is there something you need to tell us?" She smiled as nodded. "Now that David is dead, we must do some changes. We have received a report that the human fraction of the world is moving rapidly in its military area. We are not sure what they are planning, but my guess is that they found out David is dead and that you Katherina were alive. That means that we have broken the treaty. But I'm tired of this treaty. I want a world where vampires and werewolves could be the powerful beings they are without limitations, especially by humans."

"Yes mother, I agree, but how are we going to make that happen?" "We can do many things, my child. Humans have secretly been developing weapons with Kraken and satra. Using both, I think David had been informing them about you and the possibilities that you were a hybrid. The report says they have weapons for all three species, vampire, werewolves and hybrids. Although you are the only one in existence. At this moment. My guess is that they will plan a war against us, therefore we must train our people. Both werewolves and vampires. We can prepare ourselves with what we've got until we receive the first war action from the humans." My mother explained.

"We need both werewolves and vampire to cooperate together... how are we going to do that?" Sepherus asked.

"I have an idea..." She quietly said. Sepherus and I both glanced at each other. She continued. "As you know I've been ruling for a very long time, I am tired of ruling... I have thought about it this whole week, and it is time for me to retire. I want my people to have a ruler that is half werewolf and half vampire... that way both species can identify with the ruler. That is why I have decided for you Katherina di voldi de Castellini princess of the vampire world to succeed me into becoming the queen."

I was too shocked to say anything, but she continued before I could say anything.

"For that to be necessary, you must be married... to your mate, Sepherus, and that means you will become the King. But as you know, the queen is the ultimate authority, we will make that tradition come back again. " She sternly said. Sepherus said. He put his hand over his heart and saluted my mother." It would be an honor, my queen."

I stood up still shocked from the news.

Me being the queen? Getting marry? Isn't this too quick? "mother, you're doing this too fast. I can't be queen yet!" I practically shouted. "Yes, you can Katherina. You are a pureblood, you have all the marks. You have the power and mostly you have the blood of two royals. You're going to the hybrid queen we all need. The most powerful of all. The hybrid Guardian our world needs."

I breathed in and out. "I think this is a bad idea. I can't even convince the cafeteria lady to give me another apple, how am I supposed to convince two different species to follow me? And what about the wizards and witches?!"

"You'll find a way, Katherina. But my decision is final." She said smiling at me. "It can't mother, I haven't even finished my high school studies!" "Technically you have... you have all the marks... so, that means you are already ready. You just need to graduate." Sepherus said.

I thought he was going to help me.

"I'll let you think it through, but don't take too long, the humans might attack at any moment. We must prepare the werewolves and vampires." My mother then swiftly left the throne room. I sat I the ground with my hands on my head.

"This is just too much for me to take in... I don't know what to do..."Sepherus sat next to me. He grabbed my hands. "Baby, go for it. You will make a great ruler! You'll have the power to protect the werewolves and the vampires from the humans and their machines. We can change the world for a better place for our friends, family, for our people. " He said swiftly squeezing my hands.

He was right. This might be the opportunity to help everyone. "But what if I can't? " "You will, and besides I'm always going to be by you. Always and forever. " He said as he kissed my forehead.

It was in this moment I put my trust in his hands, my force and faith in myself and the promise of saving my people from any harm.

I will become their hybrid Queen.