Chapter 37

*Katherine's POV*

As I look in the newspaper I notice that Jerry Reynolds died. That's Ashlyn's friend's nana. I look up at Collin and he's passed out. I sigh and text Ashlyn. "I heard Devan's nana died I'm sorry to hear that." I send.

I get a text after a few minutes. "Yep" is the response I get back. "I'm trying to be here for you. Let me." I send and sigh. "I don't want you to be there for me. You gave up that right when you cheated on dad and got me raped." she sends back. I pull at my hair.

"I can explain that if you'll let me" I send back. "Don't want you to." she sends back and I throw my phone down in frustation. I walk in the living room and Collin looks up at me. "Look." he says motioning his head towards the tv.

"Harry Styles, his girlfriend and two other people have landed in Tennessee. I wonder what juicy stuff they're up to." the lady on tv says. I look back at Collin and he's smirking. "So, let's go to a funeral."

*Ashlyn's POV*

***the next day***

"Harry will you zip me?" I ask turning around and looking at him. "Sure." he says standing up and walking towards me. I turn towards the mirror and watch him through it. He runs his finger down my back and then zips it back up. Not breaking skin on skin contact. He licks his lips and I shiver.

I turn around in his arms. "Please don't leave me alone the entire time." I say. "I promise I won't." he says back. "Thank you." I whisper and lean in slightly and he pushes his lips the rest of the way. Dad knocks on the door and sticks his head in. I pull back. "We've gotta go." he says and I nod.

"Come on beautiful." Harry says tugging at my hand and pulls me out the door. "Wait." I say. He stops and looks at me. "I love you." I say. "I love you gorgeous." he says and I push my lips to his. I pull back and nod my head towards the door.

We get out to the car and dad is in the driver's seat and Devan is in the passenger seat. It's quiet and awkward in the car. I shift uncomfortabley and Harry squeezes my hand. I weakly smile at him and he slightly smiles back. By the time we get to the funeral half the guests are here.

We all get out. I grab Devan's hand and send her a supportive smile and Harry comes to my other side and grabs my hand. We all walk into the funeral home hand in hand. We walk in and some people tell Devan they're sorry and some just weakly smile at her. We sit in the front row and Devan's cousin Charlie sits next to her, then me, then Harry, then dad. Devan's Aunt Patsy, father, nor mother have said a word to her.

As the funeral starts I look around. In the back row I see two people I would never have expected to see. My mother and Collin. I turn around and panic a little. As the preacher starts talking about how Devan's nana was a good man and how he shouldn't have been taken away Harry whispers in my ear.

"Babe, what's wrong?" he asks. I nearly burst into tears, but I can't show that I'm scared of them. "Mom and Collin are here." I barely whisper back. "What? Are you serious?" he whispers back and I nod. He sighs and runs his hand through his hair and grips tighter onto my hand.

When the funeral is over I've shed a few tears but I quickly wipe them off. Devan stands up and I do too because of instinct but if I could've I would have stayed sitting there all night. Harry stands up and wraps a protective arm around my back. "Dad." I frantically whisper.

"What?" he says back. "Mom and Collin are here." I whisper back. I was afraid this would happen and here it is, fucking happening. "Well, if they talk to you act natural and keep Harry close." dad says. Me and Harry both nod. Devan is talking to Lindsey and she hasn't even noticed what's happening. Mom and Collin are walking towards us and Collin has a smug ass smirk on his face that makes me want to throw up.

"Devan, hey. I'm so sorry about your Nana. He was a good man." mom says then hugs Devan. Devan didn't realize what was happening until after mom had hugged her and she almost coughed to death when she saw Collin. "Hey babe." mom goes to try to hug me but Harry pulls me more into his side and I'm thankful she doesn't try to hug me anymore.

"Hey Ashlyn." Collin says as his eyes rake up and down my body. Harry pulls me into his side tighter, it kind of hurts but I'm not saying anything about it. I don't say anything back to either of them. "So you're Harry?" Collin says looking up at Harry with a smug expression on his face. "So you're Collin, the disgusting fuck I've heard about?" Harry shoots back. "Ah, ah, ah. Don't start something you won't be able to finish little boy." Collin says. "You're the one who doesn't need to start something." Harry literally growls at him. I hear Devan whisper to Lindsey. Where did dad go?

"Oh boy. You don't know what you're getting yourself into." Collin says. Before Harry can say anything back three large men walk over. "You two need to leave." one of them says to mother and Collin. Collin nods then looks at me. "See you 'round girl." he says and winks before walking off. Mom doesn't say anything else but has her head hung low as they walk out.

I feel like I'm gonna throw up in the back of my throat and then it comes up. I throw up on the floor and fall down to my hands and knees. "Ashlyn!" I hear Devan and Harry both yell over me throwing up. I can't stop it and someone bring me a garbage can. I try to say thank you but it doesn't come out. Devan pulls my hair back and Harry soothingly rubs my lower back. I eventually stop throwing up and I look at Harry. "Can we please go back to the hotel please?" I ask and he nods.

Harry carries me out of the funeral home and Devan follows with a bunch of plastic bags in case I throw up again. I see dad standing by the car on the phone. "Yeah, that'll be perfect I'll come by tomorrow and we'll finish everything." he says. "All right thank you." he says again then he sees us. "What happened?" he asks. Devan starts talking to them and then Harry puts me in the car and he gets in. He leand against his door and leans me against him. "I'm so sorry beautiful. I will make sure nothing ever happens to you." he whispers and kisses my head and I fall asleep.