Chapter 27 (Envy: A Tale of Memories)

Start from the beginning

I escaped from Lord Schwarz's embrace and grabbed my lenses... I put them on carefully... I could have just left there and then but...

Memoire: "..."

for some reason I decided to lie down for a bit... Lord Schwarz embraced me again... I missed this sensation so much... the feeling of being cared for... the reassuring warmth... My mother and 2nd father did this to me as well... and its been 3 years since the last time this happened... I've turned 16 now... I know I'm too old for this... but... I can't help it... the yearning for someone's attention... for someone's warmth... I've always wanted it ever since the day I lost my family...

But now, Lord Schwarz is here... he is taking care of me... and for that I am grateful...

I've also tried going into his mind countless times... but I can't seem to acquire anything... the reason for this is that he must be too strong for me to enter... I've snooped into my late mother's memories before...

Memoire: "huh?"

...Come to think of it... there were holes in my mother's memory... like someone deliberately altered her memory... I couldn't even figure out who it was... but maybe an aberrant just like me messed with her memory... My mother was also experiencing some weird anomalies in the way she remembered things as well... When it comes to that, only an aberrant comes to mind... but all I know is that someone deliberately hid those memories...

Memoire: "But who...?"

...While I was lost in thought, Lord Schwarz held me tighter... I could feel his heartbeat... his warmth was very calming and soothing... yesterday... D.Shock told me that I should choose my own path soon...

But right now I just want to stay in this warmth... this security... this happiness... I do love Lord Schwarz, but only to an extent, I do not desire to be his wife, but I do want to repay his kindness and the fact that he did not abandon me... I am thankful, very thankful.

Schwarz: "Mmm...Mm?"

Ah! He's awake!

Schwarz: "Memoire...?"

Memoire: "Lord Schwarz! How are you feeling?"

Schawrz: "Well... Thanks to you, I feel great."

Memoire: "Oh really!? That's good to hear!"

...I'm so glad he's okay... I can't even imagine what I would do if he didn't get better after that...

Memoire: "It's all thanks to Lord Neptunio though, he brought that crystal here... I didn't know what it did... but when I placed it in your hand... It shined brightly and then finally the dark bubbles from the damaged heretic disappeared and then the heretic itself was repaired! And then-"

Schwarz: "Whoa! Okay there girl, calm down... I'll thank Neptunio later as well."

Memoire: "Oh! Ahaha... I got a little carried away there...Sorry..."

Schwarz: "It's okay... so? Did you have a good night's rest?"

Memoire: "Yes! Thank you for letting me sleep here."

Schwarz: "Ahahaha... how long has it been since the last time you crawled into bed with me?"

Memoire: "Uuu~ Don't be mean... it's only been 4 days..."

Schwarz: "Wow...you lasted longer than 3 now? That's a new record."

Memoire: "UUUU!!~~ You're so mean Lord Schwarz!"

...We were having a lively conversation... It was fun, it was very enjoyable... We talked for a few more minutes and then Lord Schwarz got up.

Schwarz: "Are you hungry?"