He moved away from me with a smirk and on queue, Brett starting descending from the stairs.

"Kendall! Kendall I found out what you-" He stopped as he saw Theo in the room and I automatically felt guilty. He was spending all day upstairs looking for what I am while I was with Theo. "What're you doing here?"

"I was asking the beautiful Kendall if she wanted to come with me to the stake out." Theo said, purposely leaving out Stiles' name.

"And Stiles." I finished our for him, looking at Brett. Brett gulped before putting the book down. He noticed something, I know he did.

"Do you want to know what you are because it's very im-" Brett started before Theo cut him off.

"C'mon Kendall. Stiles is waiting for us." Theo told me, looking at Brett. I walked up to Brett, giving him a hug.

"I'll come home soon and we'll have dinner or something." I whispered to him.

"Yea." He sounded unsurely. I decided not to ask and looked at Theo before walking out of the living room and outside.

I saw Stiles' Jeep parked outside and got in the backseat, zipping up my seatbelt.

Brett walked outside and gave me a weak smile, waving at me but he wasn't looking at me.

And in that moment I knew why he knew something that made him so quiet.

Because he looked at my finger that was missing his ring.

________

"When are they going to show up!" Stiles groaned, hitting his head against the steering wheel and jumping when he accidentally hit the horn.

"I don't know, why don't you text them." Theo said sarcastically.

"Wait a minute." Stiles said, pulling out his phone and pretending to dial. "Hello, Mr. Dread Doctor. I have one of your failed experiments sitting right next to me. Make sure this one doesn't come back to life."

"Ha ha. You're very funny." Theo said sarcastically before looking out the window.

"I'd say I'm pretty funny, wouldn't you agree Kendall?" Stiles asked me. "Kendall?"

"Huh?" I asked, not paying attention. Theo turned around, looking concerned.

"Are you okay? You haven't said anything since we got in this car." Stiles told me.

"I'm fine." I whispered, turning to look at the window again.

After 30 minutes, I heard Stiles and Theo bickering about something very quietly. But I ignored it and started to doze off.

"Guys." I realised as they quietened down and looked at me. "If Scott, Kira, Lydia, Liam and Malia are trying to stop the Dread Doctors from getting Hayden, who are we waiting for?"

It went quiet for a second before I saw Theo's eyes widened, diving to the backseat to cover me. I was going to ask what he was doing before the car got flipped over, flames everywhere, before I passed out into a dark, long dream.

Venatrix IIजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें