F O R T Y - S E V E N

Start from the beginning

"Is age catching up on you?" I bend over so my mouth is levelled with his face. He rolls his eyes before standing tall again. He bends over me and I look up at his lips. We both lean in.

"Please take a seat so we can begin the ride, sir!" a lady at the gate shouts at Grayson and we both giggle. He quickly pecks my lips before sitting down on the horse next to me. We stared at each other for the rest of the ride, both remaining silent. Our eyes were already communicating enough like that.

Lust, love... and passion.

-----

Paige's POV

I readjust my collar over my neck and a shiver rolls down my spine as I walk towards the truck. I tuck my hands under my arms to keep them warm. I heave a sigh when I see him, surrounded with his two pocket dogs.

I stop when I'm close enough to chat with him. I raise an eyebrow and transfer my weight on my right hip, a hint of sassiness marking my moves.

"Glad to see you again, co-worker." he smiles from his dirty golden teeth and I demonstrate a disgusted face.

"Let's get this over with. Did you drop my stuff at the lab like I asked you?" a white cloud delimitates my warm breath entering in contact with the cold breeze.

"All 5 kg, Miss Anderson." he places his hands behind his back and cracks a malefic smile. I scoff.

"Now. Do you have what I want?" he slowly tilts his head to the side and I gulp nervously.

My breathing increases in one shot.

My heart beats accelerates, swift and prompt like lightning.

"Hailee Rose Smith. Do you have her or not."

I shake my head softly and lower my gaze in submission.

It seriously takes me everything to not jump at his throat...

"I need more time... remind me why you want her dead again?" I furrow my brows and lock my gaze with his. He pulls the corner of his mouth into a smirk.

"Because she killed my daughter."

I shiver.

-----

Ethan's POV

My gaze leaves the TV and wanders around the room. My eyes meet Hailee, who fell in a deep sleep on Grayson's thighs. I chuckle softly. I look up at Grayson who curls his fingers into her hair, gingerly rubbing her back with his other hand.

"Gray..." I whisper to not wake up Kayla who's sleeping right next to me. He turns his head to me and raises his eyebrows in wonder. I crack a light smile.

"I think I should tell her everything tomorrow..." I gulp.

I wait for his answer.

But he doesn't answer...

I catch him staring blankly at the ground, deeply lost in thoughts.

"Everything?..." he whispers and I nod while running a hand down Kayla's thigh.

"You're going to mention Lia?"

I freeze.

Lia...

"Yes."

"Then I'm not stopping you... You just need to know what you're getting yourself into." he looks back at the TV and the breath I've been holding heaves down my back.

"Hey Gray?..." I lean forward a bit and he rolls his eyes, clearly annoyed by all my questions.

"What is it?" he snaps his head to me and I purse my lips.

"Do you think she'll remember me?"

His gaze trails down, his lips slightly parting open.

"I don't know, we'll see..."

-----

Hailee's POV

I open my eyes slowly before propping myself on one elbow to take a look around me.

I fell asleep on the couch?

I sit up and tiredly rub my eyes, a yawn escaping my mouth without my notice.

"Good morning..." a soft voice utters behind me. I quickly turn around and a light smile curls up on the corner of my lips when I realize it's Ethan.

"Hey..." I stretch my arms upwards and squeeze my eyes shut. He chuckles softly and walks up to the couch. He sits next to me and rests his elbows on his thighs as he leans forward to rub his hands together. He takes a deep breath. I furrow my brows and run a hand down his back.

"You okay?" I ask and he gives me a quick smile before pursing his lips together.

"Yeah uhh... I actually needed to talk to you about something..."

I tilt my head to the side and smile toothlessly, frowning a bit.

"I'm all ears, what's up?" I lean forward like he does and he closes his eyes before taking another deep breath.

Ethan's POV

Here goes nothing...

"It all started two years ago..."

-----

Author's note : Not gonna lie I feel kinda bad for ending this chapter on a cliffhanger 😂😂😂 Ily guys 😏

Can you guys guess who Lia is and what happened between her and Ethan? 🙊

*Hint; Lia is the main character of my book Exposed (which will be published around the end of fall). Delirious is actually the sequel of Exposed, but I decided to publish Delirious first because Exposed is more a flashback story of Ethan and Lia.*

You'll understand once I publish it.

Can't wait until you guys read that book 🙈

Until next time,

PEACE ✌️