chapter 15

Yunghee stepped out of the train car slowly. Her fingers were intwined with Seokjin's as she looked out at the train station. Her heart felt heavy in her chest. Before she had run into them she was going to see her friends. She had saved up as much money as she could for that bus ticket. It was a long trip to see them, one she never had time for. But now she was alone with seven men, ones that were being chased by the government.

  "Don't let go of me, okay?" Seokjin said as he started to walk towards the small forest.

  "Alright." Her voice was barely audible as she let him drag her along. There was nothing for her to do. No doubt her family already knew she hadn't made it. Yunghee's friends would no doubt be panicking, maybe even calling the cops. They always were protective over her.

  "I will go and ask around the dock for someone able to help us." Namjoon kept his arm wrapped around  Jimin's waist, helping his friend stagger his way to the shadows.

  "I'm going with you." Hoseok shot Namjoon a look, and Yunghee shuddered. Hoseok and Yoongi scared her. They were so serious, it scared her. After everything she found out earlier it made sense. They were all experimented on, tortured in the name of science. It wasn't surprising they were bitter, but that didn't stop her from feeling fear every time they glared at her. She would fight for friends, but conflict scared her.

  "Be safe, try not to fight or bring attention to yourselves." Seokjin spoke up and Yunghee felt her cheeks flush instantly. She had never had a boyfriend before, so the day was full of firsts. First time she had cuddled a man, first time she held hands with a man, first time she fell asleep with a man. She couldn't think about Seokjin without getting flustered. But she had to remain close to him, whenever she let go of him she could feel her innards freezing. She was scared of the cold. Too scared to care how close she was to him.

  "I'll keep everyone safe." Jungkook beamed at Hoseok, earning a faint smile from the human battery.

  "I'm sure you will." Hoseok's smile dropped as soon as his eyes drifted away from Jungkook.

  "Shouldn't we be moving?" Taehyung crossed his arms over his shirt. His clothes had, very kindly, been dried by a weary Seokjin. "Or are we just going to stand around and return to Primatech."

  "Tae..." Jimin sighed and leaned heavily on Namjoon.

  "Yoongi, can you help him?" Namjoon pushed the words out, and looked at the powered man. "Please?"

  "You know my power." Yunghee's eyebrows scrunched up in confusion at Yoongi's response. She was the only one who had no clue what his ability was. Of that she knew.

  "I'll help." Jungkook looked at Taehyung who was still trying to stumble along by himself.

  "Thank you." Jimin said with a weary smile.

  "Come on." Namjoon walked forwards, to which Hoseok reluctantly followed.

  "Let's keep in the forest." Seokjin lightly squeezed Yunghee's hand, sending her blushing as he lead her and the rest further into the trees. "They will probably take awhile, so we may as well take this time to get to know each other more."

  "Seokjin..." Yoongi sighed heavily, helping Jimin waddle along. "We don't have to, we're so close to the asylum, just one boat and we will be split up."

  Taehyung's lips twitched as his face contorted, trying his hardest to not show any expression. To Yunghee it looked like he was having a minor stroke. She frowned at him eying him closely. Her eyes widened in shock when he looked at her and glared. His back fell against the tree as his cold gaze sent her closer to Seokjin.

  "I wouldn't mind hearing about everyone." Jungkook shuffled awkwardly looking at Yunghee before looking at Yoongi.

"How about you go first then." Yoongi said dryly. He dropped down onto a stump and watched unimpressed as Jimin fell over. He cursed and pulled the former guard onto his lap. Jimin looked at Yoongi confused, but the meta ignored him, staring forwards like he had done nothing.

  "My name is Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook looked at his feet and shuffled, his shoes digging into the dirt. "I go by subject four as well, not that I want to, but its my designated name." His words made Jimin look away in guilt. Taehyung just snorted and looked up at the leaves hanging overhead. "I have void class abilities, I can summon and project energy, but I don't like using it." His voice shook as his eyes lost their shine. "I was ten when they brought me in. I haven't seen my family since. I want to see them soon." His lips curled into an awkward smile, as if his lips didn't know how to move. He had been with primatech the longest despite being subject four.

  "I'm Kim Seokjin." Yunghee jolted and looked at the boy next to her. He lifted an eyebrow at her, amused at her surprise then he pulled up the sleeve of his sweater. "Also known as subject two. I have the ability to create fire, and it gives me asthma, so I don't like exercise." He sucked in breath through his teeth then clicked his tongue. "I was taken in when I was 18, I already know I won't see my family again. They were the ones that sent me to Primatech." His eyes darkened as he spoke. Yunghee shivered at his anger, feeling the tension wafting off him him. Seokjin frowned and looked at her, misreading her shiver. "Are you getting cold? Make sure to tell me, thats the only way you can avoid the maturing pains." He pulled her into his chest and wrapped his arms around her.

  Taehyung's eyebrows shot up as he watched her turn into a tomato then he rolled his eyes and looked away, ignoring the way Jungkook looked at him, wondering if he would share. Instead Jimin cleared his throat.

  "As Namjoon said, I'm Park Jimin, I was a guard at Primatech. My father was a good soldier, and I want to be like him, he was kind and noble." Jimin looked at the ground, feeling weird sitting on the lap of a boy he helped get tortured. "I was not born a mutant, Taehyung and I were affected by the serum. I guess we are unofficial six and seven." His nose twitched as he tried to think of things to say. "I am really sorry for helping them. I am sorry for letting you all get hurt, for being a bystander, I'll try to make it up to you guys, I swear."

  "Don't worry, you don't have to. We will all be separating soon." Yoongi's voice rumbled in his ear, making Jimin bite his lip, feeling uncomfortable guilt. "Whatever, I guess it's my turn. Min Yoongi, subject three. Taken in at 19 and I have the power of killing anyone with a single touch." He shrugged not finding any other point of interest to share.

  "I guess it's my turn." Yunghee mumbled. She licked her lips and fiddled with her fingers as she looked at Seokjins fingers, entwined over her stomach. "I'm a college student I worked a simple job and I never experienced this word before. I had a typical family, parents divorced, messy counsellor sessions, nothing of importance really. I don't know how to fight, and I don't know what I will do when we reach the asylum." Her eyes burned, warning her of tears. "I don't know my future anymore."

  "Neither do we." Jungkook whispered as his eyebrows furrowed.

  "My name is Kim Taehyung. I don't care what happens, and I am not sorry for what has happened." Taehyung said dryly, trying to keep himself standing with his constantly plummeting stomach.

  Yunghee's lips curled down in distaste and she felt her chest tighten with anger at his words. How could he not care? He was agreeing to human experimentation and torture, and he didn't care? Her skin plummeted in temperature, shocking Seokjin. She felt a cold chill settling over her stomach as her lips turned blue, not used to the cold temperature.

  "Calm down." Yoongi snapped, his eyes were wide and confused as he watched her reaction. Yunghee shook and covered her eyes, trying to hide her tears. None of the boys had expected her to react, they were so used to the cold rash actions of Primatech, that they had forgotten just how wrong the things happening were. For them it wasn't torture and human cruelty, for them it was just a way of life.

  "I don't know how." Her voice sounded strangled as she waved her hands over her eyes, trying to stop the tears.

  "It's okay. We're all okay." Seokjin turned her around to face him and he looked into her eyes concerned. He wiped her tears with his fingers and pulled her into him, letting his body heat up. "Just listen to my heart and focus on that, okay?" Yunghee nodded against his chest and listened to the steady thrumming of his heart. Her body was assaulted with warmth, enough to combat her eradicate temperature dropping. She felt like a cool summer day. Jin was the sun shining down on her warming her face, and her abilities were the cool wind keeping her from broiling.

  "Pathetic." Taehyung rolled his eyes. Surprisingly Yoongi was the one that glared at Taehyung, shutting the young boy up. Yoongi stared at the girl crying in Seokjin's arms again with a blank expression, his thoughts whirring too fast for even himself to keep up.