chapter 6

Dean woke the next day to find Sam still asleep. Dean went and decided to try to surprise Sam with a homemade breakfast. Dean went into the kitchen and found his tablet and looked up a recipe for pancakes. He found all the ingredients and then went to work. Fifteen minutes later he'd burnt  five pancakes until he got the hang of cooking. He went and started making bacon and eggs too. These came out better than he expected, then Sam woke and prodded sleepily into the kitchen.

"Morning, breakfast, than hospital, then I don't know what.." Dean smiles. He turned on his morning playlist, and made Sam a plate. "You can sit at the table."

Sam walked to the table and sat down and Dean gave him a plate. 

"Thanks."

"Welcome." Dean smiled at him and then got himself a plate and both of them glasses of water.  He also put the syrup and butter on the table as well.

"It's been a long time since I've had this," Sam says.

"Well if you stay I'll make it just for you." Dean says.

"M-maybe I will stay......." Sam mumbles through a mouthful of eggs.

Dean just smiles and finished his plate in a matter of minutes and grabbed himself a mug of coffee. Then stood up, he was already dressed and he looked at the clock 11:00. "We should go as soon as you're finished Sam."

Sam nodded and finished, "I'm done alpha."

Deans ears pricked at the word alpha. "Just call me Dean please..." 

"Okay Dean."

"Come on." Dean helps Sam out and they go to the impala and Dean starts the engine and they head to the hospital and Sam stiffens the whole ride there. The poor guy is shivering as though he's freezing even though the car is heated and warm. 

They arrive at the hospital and Dean has to half support, half carry Sam inside the building. 

"Come on Sam it's okay, you'll be fine, they are nice here and are just gonna check your ribs out okay......" 

Sams only response is clinging to Dean as they are escorted to a room after Dean contacts a nurse. Dean helps Sam sit down on the examination table. By this time Sams head is buried in the crook of Deans neck and he's taking long shaky breaths of Deans scent. Dean wanting to make Sam feel safe wrapped his arms around him. Then the doctor came in and Dean tried to pull away from Sam but Sam whimpered like a pup and clung tighter.

"Dean Winchester?" The doctor asked looking at a clipboard. 

"That's me," Dean nodded.

"And the omega is Sam?"

"Yeah....." Dean says trying to disentangle himself yet again. "Come on Sam its okay please I gotta sign papers......" Sam reluctantly lets go and Dean looks to the doctor.

"So what seems to be the problem sam?" The doctor who is a beta asks. 

Sam doesn't reply and looks to Dean his eyes saying his unspoken words. Dean gets the unspoken message. "I found him in an alley way and his ribs are either broken or I don't know...."

"I see... Sam can you roll up your shirt so I can see your ribs?" The doctor asks soflty and puts on rubber latex gloves.

Sam freezes for a moment and looks down before lifting his shirt and angling himself so the doctor can see his ribs. He hisses in pain as the doctor applies some pressure to the bruised area. "I'm gonna have to do an x-ray but from what I see they are lightly broken,  not serious just a fracture. But before I give you an x-ray I need to run a few tests first."

'''''''''''''''''''

After a few tests and Sams whimpering and Dean holding him close, the doctor pulled Dean out of the room. "He's very fragile in the mind he has slight ptsd but he seems to be warming to you. He's gonna need your touch, your scent, he hasn't been properly mated ever and the past alphas with him have messed with his hormones, he needs you.... and so does his child.."

TO BE CONTINUED