Chapter 33

"Alright then, get to work." Bellamy states as he leaves the ship, I follow after him. "Bellamy!" I shout. He immediately turns around to face me. "Fiona you should stay in the drop ship, it's not safe out here." Bellamy says softly as he approaches me. "Bellamy you gave me this gun to protect this camp, that's what I'm gonna do." I state. "I gave you that gun to protect yourself, not the camp." Bellamy states his voice growing louder as he finished. "Bellamy please...I wanna fight." I beg. Bellamy sighs looking at the ground then back to me. "Fine, go to the west woods with Jasper and Harper, please be safe." Bellamy says softly knowing there's no use in trying to convince me to stay. I nod before placing a kiss on his cheek, he takes my hand and pulls me in to another kiss this time our lips pressing against each other. "You better go." He says softly. I nod and race off towards the west woods.

I race through the tunnels and spot Jasper and Harper in the fox hole. I kneel down inside it and load my gun, startling Harper who hadn't noticed my presence. "What are doing out here?" Jasper asks probably surprised Bellamy let me out of his sight. "Bellamy let me." I say with a smirk. "Well I didn't expect that-" Harper say but she's cut off by Bellamy on our fox holes walkie. "Listen up everyone! I know you might be afraid, but we can do this. You have survived so much down here. Let this be our last test of  survival. But Fiona if your listening I need you to know something, I love you, I'm in love with you." Bellamy says over the radio, which  means the whole camp now knows. Jasper and Harper look over at me with beaming smiles as I begin blushing. "You should say something." Harper says handing me the walkie. I take it from her but before I can say anything the sound of war drums echo through the forest. I take a deep breath knowing that theres a chance I might never see any of the people I love again.

"I see them They're moving, I count 1-2-3-4 wait no, man there's to damn many of them." Sterling states over the radio. Suddenly we hear shots coming from the south. "South fox hole report!" Bellamy demands. "Yeah, yeah, we're okay. They didn't attack it's like shooting a ghost." Sterling states. Suddenly more and more shots are fired and grounders appear in the distance running around. Harper fires a few shots and misses. Jasper aims his gun but before he fires one of the mines blow up killing a grounder. "Oh my god! The mines work!" I exclaim. Jasper reaches for the radio and I hand it to him. "Raven are mines actually work!" Jasper shouts to the radio. A few more grounders race past us and I shoot at them killing one. "Jasper we need you in the drop ship right now!" Clarke's voice rings out from the radio. "Negative, we can't give up the west woods." Bellamy argues. "The west woods are mined Bellamy the grounders just figured that out. Besides Fiona and Harper are there. Jasper get in here." Clarke explains.

"I see one there! There!" Harper shouts as she fires multiple times killing the grounder but to our horror she's out of ammo. "I'm all out." Harper sighs. "They want us to run out of ammo..." I mumble. "Wait, they're drawing our fire." Jasper states, linking ideas with me. I grab the radio and hold down the red button. "All gunners listen up. The grounders are not attacking, they're making us waste bullets. Don't shoot when they're running laterally!" I state. "Fiona's right! Don't fire unless you're sure it's an attack! Repeat! Don't fire unless you're sure!" Bellamy orders through the walkie. Jasper takes the walkie from me. "Clarke hang tight I'm on my way." He states. "If Jasper falls back then so do you Fiona!" Bellamy demands. "Bell that means Harper's on her own!" I argue. "Jasper leave your gun with Harper! Fiona go to the drop ship with Jasper! That's and order!" Bellamy demands over the walkie. "Understood Bellamy. Over and out." Jasper states to the radio.

He passes his gun and extra clip to Harper. "Let's go Fiona." Jasper states taking my hand. "Fine." I mutter climbing out of the fox hole and into the tunnels. Jasper and I race through the tunnel and back into camp. "Go to the drop ship! I'll take a post by the gate." I state to Jasper. He nods and runs into the ship. I take a post along the wall next to Miller as shouts are heard in the distance. "Grounders...they're attacking...." I mumble. "They've broken through! They're headed for the gate! Game over man!" A boys voice shouts from the radio. When the grounders come into our view there are so many of them me and Miller shoot as many as we can. "There're to many! Everyone in the drop ship now!" Miller shouts. "NO! We need more time! Gunners stay at your posts! The rest of you inside, come on quick." Clarke orders.

A loud sound stops the fighting for a moment. We stare into the sky as we spot something falling. "What is that..?" I ask. "That's the ark..." Miller mumbles. "Oh my god..." I whisper. But the silent moment is broken by strange screams. Suddenly I spot Finn and a grounder who I believe is Lincoln running away from those human monster things. "Reapers..." I mumble. "REAPERS!!!" Many of the grounders shout as they begin to fight them.

The reapers only distract the grounders for a minute then they begin to attack our camp again I take a few shots killing three of them before running out of ammo. "Fiona fall back! Bellamy's gonna kill me if something happens to you." Miller orders. I nod and run towards the drop ship.