Chapter 25

I've spent the entire day making weapons, 20 spears and 38 knifes. I finish the last knife and place it in the pile. "Nice work." I hear Miller say as he approaches me. "Thanks, is the group that went to look at the crash site back yet?" I ask. "No, not yet, but they will be soon." He assures me. I just give him a weak smile. "Take a break, there's some food by the fire you must be hungry." He says softly. I nod and walk over to the fire. I pick up a ration bag filled with berries and begin eating. Suddenly I hear shouts but ignore them. After awhile I see three boys carrying someone to the drop ship. "What are we gonna do with him?" Someone asks Conner. "We'll wait for Bellamy to come back and he'll decide what to do." Conner states. I stand up and follow them into the drop ship curious to whom they were talking about.

I walk into the drop ship to see six boys surrounding someone on the floor. The person on the floor is leaning on a wall with their hands tied. As I push past Octavia and several boys with loaded guns I spot my brother. "John?" I gasp falling to the ground next to him. "Fiona!" He exclaims weakly. John has blood on every inch of his body, he's beaten and tired. "What-what happened to you?" I ask putting my hand on his cheek. "Long story." He says trying to smile. "Okay, that's enough. Get her out of here." Conner demands. Two boys grab my shoulders and begin pulling me away. "Hey! Get off me!" I shout as I punch one in the face. Before my bother could defend me Octavia steps in. "Let her go! She's not doing any harm." She says as she pushes the two boys away from me. "Thanks." I say before returning to my brother. "Could someone get me some water and a cloth?" I ask looking towards the idiots with guns. "I will." Octavia says as she walks out of the drop ship.

A moment later she returns with a bucket of water and a small rag. I smile at her and she smiles back. I put the rag in the water and begin wiping of the blood from Johns face. "Thanks lil sis." He says with a weak smile. "I'm only 15 minutes younger than you." I say playfully. I continue dabbing the blood off his face until Bellamy, Finn and Clarke storm in.

"Where is he!?" Bellamy snaps as he pushes past the boys. Bellamy stares at him for a moment. "Everyone but Conner and Derek out!" He demands. I stay next to my brother not moving an inch. "He claims he was with the grounders." Derek blurts out. "We caught him trying to sneak back in to camp." Conner adds. "I wasn't sneaking, I was running from the grounders." John says, talking was clearly hard for him at the moment because his voice was shaking and he was gasping for air. "Anyone see grounders?" Bellamy asks the two boys. They both shake their heads. "Well in that case." Bellamy say as he points his gun at John. "Hey! What the hells wrong with you!?" Finn snaps as he pushes down Bellamy's guns and stands in front of me and John. "We were clear what would happen if he came back!" Bellamy snaps pulling up his gun again. "No! If he was with the grounders he knows things that can help us." Finn fires back. I gaze at Clarke, she's starring at my brother. "Help us!? We hanged him, we banished him, and now we're gonna kill him!... Get the hell out of my way!" Bellamy snaps pulling up his gun again. "No! Finns right." Clarke cuts in. "Like hell he is! Clarke think about Charlotte!" Bellamy snaps as Clarke kneels next to John taking his hand and examining it. "I am thinking about her. But what happened to Charlotte was as much our fault as it was his." Clarke says still looking at his hands. "Oh? Now you say that after you left him to die out there!" I snap. Clarke glares at me then back at my brother. "He wasn't lying, his finger nails were torn off. They tortured him." She says turning to Bellamy. "You and the grounders should compare notes." Finn hisses at Bellamy. "The grounders know we're at war!" He fires back at Finn. He turns to my brother seemingly oblivious to my presence. "What did you tell them about us!?" Bellamy shouts. "Everything..." My brother says weakly. Clarke stand up and walks over to Bellamy. "Once he's better we find out what he knows, then he's out of here." She sates just above a whisper. Clarke begins to leave but Bellamy stops her. "What if he refuses to leave, what do we do with him then?" Bellamy asks. Clarke glances at me then my brother then back to Bellamy. "Then we kill him." She states before walking out of the drop ship. "CLARKE NO!" I shout while standing up and following after her. "Fiona stop!" John groans. I stop and turn towards him. "Fine." I say sitting down next to him. Bellamy just looks at me for a moment before him and the others leave.

Me and John sit in comfortable silence for a long while until suddenly he begins to cough uncontrollably. "Are you okay!?" I ask. "N-No." he says before starting to vomit up his own blood onto the floor.Clarke comes racing in and she drops to the floor next to John. Underneath her eyes are all red as if she was crying out blood. "Murphy, hey look at me. I need you to tell me exactly how you escaped from the grounders. What happened?" She asks frantically. My brother try's to catch his breath with blood dripping from his mouth he gasps for air. "When I woke up, they forgot to lock my cage, there was no one there so I took off." He manages to say. "They let you go." She says with disappointment in her voice. Bellamy rushes into the drop ship, Clarke turns to see him. "Bellamy stay back." She snaps holding her arm out. "Did he do something to you?" He asks Clarke. She shakes her head. Bellamy looks at the floor and sees the pool of blood, then looks at Clarke and sees the blood smeared on her cheeks. "What the hell is this?" He snaps. Clarke looks over at my brother. "Biological warfare, you were waiting for the grounders to retaliate for the bridge, this is it. Murphy's the weapon." She states just above a whisper. Bellamy looks furious. "Is this your revenge? Helping the grounders kill us?" Bellamy asks with anger written all over his face. "I didn't know about this. I swear." My brother states weakly as I dab a wet cloth on his forehead. "STOP LIYING! When are they coming?" Bellamy shouts. "Clam down Bellamy!" I snap. He glares at me and focus his attention back to John. "Murphy think. What can you tell us that's useful? Did you hear anything?" Clarke asks softly. "They are vicious, cruel." John replies. "You wanna see vicious?" Bellamy snaps while walking towards us. "Bellamy stop! Leave him alone!" I snap standing up. "Fiona don't touch him, whatever this thing is it spreads through contact." Clarke says. "You've been around your brother this whole time, you're bound to get it." She adds. I sit back down and continue dabbing the cloth in my brothers head.
---------------
Hi guys! I hope you're all enjoying the story so far! Thank you for 600 reads!