End. For Now

Jean focused really hard on the marks Emma left on Kitty's mind. She searched and search. Eventually she found all that she could. Kitty started squeezing Lance's hand a lot tighter because the feeling of someone picking through your thoughts not only hurt, it also felt like you were useless. And Kitty hated feeling useless, Lance knew this so he didn't mind it when he couldn't feel his hand anymore.

By the time Jean was done the rest of the students of the mansion, along with the professors had gathered around the group. Everyone was scared about what was going on. After a few minutes Kitty started breathing really hard and tears slipped out between her closed eyes. The professor had started helping Jean sort through what was in Kitty's head when he came over.

Logan and Lance exchanged nervous glances every once in awhile. It had probably taken around 45 minutes to sort through everything that Emma had found out.

Kitty gasped for air as her eyes sprung open once Jean and Charles finished their 'operation'. Tears fell freely down her eyes now.

"Kitty?" Amara asked. She placed a hand on her teammates shoulder to try and comfort her.

"Yeah Amara?" Kitty asked after she took a shaky breath.

"Are you okay?"

Kitty smiled at the slightly younger girl. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little like shaken up that's all."

After Kitty said that Bobby stepped forward and asked, "So? What's going on?"

Jean and Charles looked at each other. "I think that we will discuss that when it is necessary. Right now let's just be happy that Kitty is safe and back with us." Charles said.

Everyone was hesitant at first, but then remembered their presents for Kitty. The kids from the institute and the brotherhood all started talking once again.

Kitty got up from the couch. She was slightly dizzy at first and almost fell down. But luckily for her she felt the familiar, gentle, strong, hands of Lance grip her shoulders to keep her steady. She mouthed the words 'thank you' up to him before continuing in the direction of her roommate.

Lance helped her over to her roommate and then said that he would let them talk by themselves for a while. But before he got very far Rouge ran up to him and said,

"Wait, so you saved Kitty?"

Lance nodded, "With Logan's help."

Rouge's mouth fell open when he said Logan's name. "You mean Logan, like Wolverine Logan?" Lance nodded. "Oh! Wow, ok!" She was basically speechless. "Um, thanks Lance. I know that you two... uh." Rouge whispered this next part so that no one else could hear, "Are dating. I caught Kitty coming back from one of your dates. Anyway, I wanted to apologize for thinking that you were bad for her. I think that you guys balance each other out. She really likes you Lance."

Lance smiled at his old team members words. "I know and I feel the same about her. Oh, and Rouge?"

"Yeah?"

"I give you full permission to knock me out and stick me in the middle of nowhere if I do anything to hurt Kitty." Lance said meaningfully. Rouge wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic, but she only had to take one look into his eyes, then she could tell that he really did mean it. His big browns eyes looked soft and meaningful as he gave her a small grin.

Rouge nodded and smiled at him before turning around and heading back towards Kitty who was now taking to Ororo, Kurt, and Wanda.

They all enjoyed their Christmas together and tried their best to not worry about Emma and her plans. With the brotherhood at the institute and Kitty back home everyone's worries slowly began to disperse and they all got along for the day.