Doubting

Not far away lance had just finished climbing a tree and looked out over the graveyard. He stared at hank as he told everyone to bow their heads in respect. He asked for a moment of silence then waited a minute before talking again. Lance just realized that he had a tear running down the side of his face. He wiped it away quickly. He couldn't take this anymore. She's not dead, he thought to himself. I know she's not, I can feel it. He jumped out of the tree then went to his jeep, which he parked around the corner. He remembered Kitty saying that she and Logan were going to Mount Ascutney, he pulled a map out of the glove department and found it. He was going to find her.

About thirty minutes after Lance had left Logan got tired of all the sad faces. He quietly left the funeral and got on his motorcycle. He needed to clear his head. He did this a lot. As he got on his bike he wasn't sure where he was going just that he was going to let his head clear as he rode along taking turns wherever he felt like it.

His mind drifted, as he smelt the scent of someone familiar, he ignored it though because of a loud crash that came from the forest near by. Logan stopped his motorcycle and realized that he'd been driving for 4 hours. He'd been so lost in thought he must've lost track of time. Logan sniffed the air as he checked his surroundings. He saw a steep drop to his right and went over to it. He bent down and leaned over to look down there. He saw a bunch of wild turkeys roaming the flat ground below. He grumbled to himself and he hopped back on his motorcycle.

As Logan drove further into the woods he had a feeling of recognition. What is this place he thought as he tried to remember somewhere that looked like this. It didn't take him long to remember that this is where Kitty had been stabbed. He looked around then caught the same scent that he had smelt earlier. Who was it? He couldn't remember with all these thoughts tumbling together. He got back off his bike and trudged through the forest. The smell was stronger than before but also slightly fainter. He made it to a clearing and saw the only thing he needed to.

"Lance." He grumbled under his breath. What's he doing here, Logan thought as he went over to Lance's jeep.