Flashback

Lance had been walking around for an hour now trying to find any sign of Kitty. After a while he started to loose hope. He'd also gotten lost quite literally. He looked this way and that trying to find his jeep or any sign that he, or another human/mutant, had been here.

Lance whipped around as he heard a familiar sound, a sound that he'd learnt to fear. He was now face to face with Wolverine. He looked down and saw what the sound had come from. Wolverines claws had just came out of his knuckles and were pressed against Lance's chest.

"What are you doing here bub?" Logan said as he pushed his claws closer to Lance causing him to step back against a tree.

Lance gulped, should he answer honestly or make up a lie that had nothing to do with Kitty? Could Wolverine smell fear? "I-I'm here because." He paused, "I'm here because I don't think she's dead." I really hope he knows I'm not lying!

"You really do love her, don't ya bub?"

Lance nodded then asked, "Can you tell me what happened when you guys got here?"

****FLASHBACK****

The black bird landed on a decent sized field that spread across Mount Ascutney. They got out of the plane and walked into the nearby forest. Logan caught a scent, a strong one. He tried remembering who it belonged to but couldn't. He could already tell that his mind was being manipulated. They walked further into the forest, Logan's sensitive ears heard someone coming from behind. He stopped then spun around only to see a dart come flying at him. Kitty screamed as Logan fell to the ground. He struggled to keep his eyes open as he laid there. Before everything went dark Logan saw Kitty phasing threw a few darts, but someone had snuck up behind her and shot her in the shoulder. She fell as Logan's eyes closed.

When he woke up he was strapped to a surgeon table. He slide his claws out of his knuckles, he tried to cut the chains that held his wrists in place. But he had been placed so that he couldn't move his hands. Soon a figure that Logan had seen before stepped into the room. She was wearing tight white pants and a tight shirt that should really only count as nothing more than a fancy sports bra.

Emma Frost laughed as she went over to the table Logan was strapped to. She turned to a table that was near by and pulled open a few drawers. She would take out a few pieces of paper write on them then put them away. "That Kitty student is doing well in our tests. She has a strong mind and is very hard to manipulate." Emma said as she looked around the room.

"What did you do to her?" Logan shouted as he pulled against his restraints.

Emma laughed as she turned towards him, "Oh don't you worry Logan, or should I say Wolverine? She is only being put through physical tests. As long as she doesn't try anything she won't be hurt. You see we knew that Charles would send one of his students with you. We didn't know which one, but we are very pleased with his choice, you can tell the old man how thankful we are when you go home." Emma started walking towards the door.

"I'm not going anywhere without her!"

Emma shrugged with her back still turned towards him and said, "If you wish to do this the hard way Wolverine we have no problem doing it." She closed the door as she stepped outside. Logan could hear it locking behind her.

Logan lost track of time as he laid on the table waiting for something to happen. He had tried to get free many times but had no luck. After what felt like an eternity (but was really only a day) Logan noticed a strange mist that started leaking through the vents that led into his prison. His eyes began to get heavier and eventually they closed.

He wasn't asleep for very long, he woke up while they were wheeling him through a dim hallway. His arms and legs were still strapped down. Logan still felt drowsy from whatever sedative they had used on him, but thanks to his healing abilities he woke up sooner then others would have. He knew that he shouldn't let the people pushing him find out that he woke up, so he closed his eyes to look like he was still asleep.