A little fun

"Hey Kitty." Lance said as he looked at the girl who had just woken up with her head rested on his lap. She smiled up at him then sat up and stretched her arms out. Lance helped her up as they walked over to see Logan cooking what was left of the rabbit meat.

"You guys ready to go home?" Logan asked as he handed both of them a stick with meat poked on to the top of it.

Kitty nodded, "The faster I get out of here like the better!"

"I agree with Kitty. I can't wait to get out of this crazy place." Lance said before taking a bite out of the meat. "You should come over to the brotherhood house and catch some of the squirrels out back for us to eat!" He said to Logan. "This is much better then the nasty food that we have to eat now."

"Why don't you just get some good food?" Logan asked. It seems obvious to him. Logan pulled the rest of the meat out of the fire.

"Three crappy jobs don't do much." Lance replied sadly. "We can just keep up with the bills."

"I didn't know you boys worked." Logan said as he brushed some snow off his bike.

Lance and Kitty laughed, "They don't work." Kitty said. She had to try really hard to stop giggling.

"I work, the others don't." Lance said with a sigh.

"You work three jobs?" Logan asked him. It was easy to see how surprised he was.

"Yeah, we can't just stop paying bills." Lance said simply as he finished the meat before throwing the stick into the woods. Logan was so shocked he didn't know how to reply so he didn't. Soon Kitty and Logan were done eating too.

They all got ready to go. They put out the fire then hopped into their cars. Logan was on his motorcycle while Kitty drove with Lance in his jeep.

"See you guys at the mansion!" Logan said before he rode off. Man were the kids at the mansion going to be in for a treat! Jamie is going to be so happy. Logan thought as he drove along the snow covered road.

They all left the mountain at about 7:00 am. They decided that they would probably get to Bayville at about 11:00 am. They drove straight to the institute except for one small stop that Lance had to make.

Kitty and Lance drove up in front of the brotherhood house. Lance had been telling her all about how they all thought she was dead.

"I'll be right back!" Kitty said as she phased through the door of the jeep. Her powers were beginning to come back.

Kitty phased through the front door of the house and walked right through the living room wall. There she saw Fred and Todd watching tv. She walked over to them and sat down.

"AHHHHH!" Todd screamed as he jumped off the couch and onto the ceiling. Fred let out a scared whimper as he stood up and started doing a weird little dance as he backed up.

"What is it?" Wanda asked as her and Pietro came in from the kitchen.

"AHHHHH!" Pietro screamed even higher and louder then Todd. He thought he was seeing things. He rubbed his eyes and looked again. It's a ghost? He asked himself.

Everyone turned to look as the front door opened. Lance came walking in, he looked sadder than ever. "Hey guys." He said sadly as he plopped down on the couch that Kitty was sitting on.

"Where were you?" Wanda asked as she chose to ignore the Kitty sitting on their couch.

"I just took a little trip so I could try to forget about Kitty." Lance said as he looked down at his hands.

Wow he's a good actor Kitty thought as she tried to keep a straight face and stare right at the tv.

"Kitt-Kitty's right there!" Pietro said while he pointed with a shaky hand.

"Where?" Lance exclaimed as he jumped up off the couch. "Pietro! That's not funny." Lance said as he plopped back down on the couch.

"But- but...." Pietro stared at Kitty for a while then screamed again and ran up stairs.

Todd was still on the ceiling. He went to fling his tongue at the 'ghost Kitty' but Lance saw what he was about to do and got up to block him from doing it.

"Why'd you get in the way of my slime?" Todd asked as he looked at Lance who was now dripping with toad spit.

"Because you were going to slime Kitty!" Lance said as he moved away from her.

"But she's a ghost dude!" Todd said, Fred just nodded. Wanda just shook her head and walked over to Kitty.

"I'm so glad you didn't actually die!" Wanda said as she gave Kitty a hug. The boys looked at them, they were shocked. One reason was because Kitty was still alive and the other reason was that Wanda had just hugged her. Wanda didn't hug anyone!

"Wait Kitty's not dead?" Fred asked.

"No! I'm like perfectly alive." Kitty replied as she stood up to give Fred a hug.

"But- but... Kitty!" Todd exclaimed as he jumped off of the ceiling and into her arms. "You're alive!" He said happily as he hugged her.

"I'm gonna go get a shower now." Lance said as he tried to get the slime off of him. "Kitty do you want to come up stairs and say hi to Pietro?"

"Yeah sure!" Kitty replied as she walked up the stairs with Lance. "Do you mind if I like wash up fast after you? I think Todd got slime in my hair." Kitty said as she pulled at her sticky hair.

"No problem." Lance replied as he showed her to Pietro's room. "He'll be in there."

Lance left Kitty outside Pietro's door as he walked into the bathroom.

Kitty knocked on the door then heard a sniff and some huffs. She phased her head through and saw Pietro laying face first on his bed. She stepped through the door and walked over to him. Kitty sat down on the bottom of the bed. "Pietro?" Kitty asked.

"Kitty stop tormenting me! You're dead just go!" Pietro said into his pillow.

"But Pietro-" Kitty started.

"No! Kitty you were the only x-geek I trusted! Now Lance is going to be a mess and our team will be destroyed. Why did you have to actually be nice to us?" Pietro whined.

"Like will you just look at me?" Kitty asked as she started to get impatient. "Emma made it seem like I was dead but really I like wasn't!" Kitty explained. She stood up with frustration.

Pietro rolled over and saw Kitty standing there, "So you're not dead?"

Kitty shook her head. "Nope, not yet!"

Pietro jumped off the bed and gave her a hug. "You gave everyone here a heart attack!" He exclaimed as he let go of her. "You smell like toad."

"I know. He gave me a hug. I'm going to have to like burn these clothes." Kitty replied teasingly.

"Wanda might have something for you to wear, let me check." Pietro said as a gust of wind went past her then came back a second later. "How about this. It's the most normal thing Wanda has."

Pietro held out a red off the shoulder top and grey pants. "Yeah that'll work thanks." Kitty said happily. "She won't mind will she?"

"No not at all." Pietro said as he pulled Kitty through his door and into another room. "You can wait here till Lance is done. I don't want my room to smell like toad!" He said before speeding off again.