Epilogue

"This is the end"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

A few hours later, Jo's mum entered the room, holding a glass of water to bring to her child.

As the door opened, her piercing scream stopped time. The glass shattered on the floor, water spilled everywhere, but she was already running towards Jo's lifeless body.

Jo's dad instantly ran into the room after hearing his wife's scream.
Although he was a muscular, tall man, his legs couldn't bear the sight. They weakened and he fell on his knees, never looking away from his child's body.

He hugged his wife tight, their eyes already filled with tears.

Their kid was peacefully lying on the floor, eyes closed, a huge smile painted on their face, and a relaxed expression.

Broken mirror shards were all around Jo's body, the biggest one of them stuck in the kid's heart.
Only a little stain of bright red blood was visible around the shard, spilling from the hole in Jo's chest. The rest of it was turning brown and drying up on Jo's plain white T-shirt.

Next to the body, the parents found a small piece of paper with Jo's unmistakable messy handwriting.

"Yesterday's history
Tomorrow's a mystery.

So now I say goodbye to the old me, it's already gone.

-Jo"