เก้า

I was washing the dishes the next day. I picked up a sharp knife that was in the sink from previously cutting potatoes to clean the stains off when the sudden loud thumping on the door scared me that caused me to cut my palm.

My palm started bleeding quickly and i grabbed a paper towel to put around my hand and proceeded to the door.

P'Pha

I squinted my eyes because my vision was getting hazed and the pain in my palm was intense.

"Wayo, i came to explain myself." P'Pha said. My eyes are so hazed i barely noticed him step inside.

"Dear lord what happened?!" He said and pulled me to the bathroom.

I couldn't say anything, i felt like crying from the pain. I sat on the toilet seat with my eyes closed as P'Pha tried to stop my palm from bleeding like crazy. He found the first aid kit and aided my bleeding palm.

"Wayo, Wayo!" He said, kneeling down looking at me. "Does it still hurt? Are you feeling nauseous? Should i take you to the hospital?" He said.

I shook my head no, feeling my palm shake. My eyes started to close and the pain was even more intense.

"Wayo! Wayo!" Was the last thing i heard.

Hours later..

P'Pha had rushed me to the hospital where they stitched my palm up. The cut was deep and scratched a part of my bone.

I was walked out from the care unit when i saw P'Pha sitting outside.

"Yo? Are you okay now?" He said, with all seriousness. I nodded and swallowed a "Thank you."

He smiled at me, causing me to smile as well. I checked myself out and P'Pha drove me home. We drove in silence. Finally getting home, i entered and sat on the couch.

"Do you want something to drink? Something to eat?" I said, standing up.

"Yo, the doctor said you shouldn't use your hand. There will be pain for a couple of days, sit down. I'm not thirsty nor hungry." He said, patting the seat next to myself.

"How'd you cut yourself so deep?" P'Pha asked as i sat down. He moved closer to me when he noticed i left a gap between us.

"I was washing the dishes when i heard you thumping on the door, which startled me causing me to cut my palm with the knife i was washing." I said, looking at my palm which was covered with a white fabric.

"It's my fault? I'm so sorry! I couldn't find a door bell ringer oh god i'm so sorry!" He said, looking down at my palm.

"Its not your fault, i was startled easily." I said half smiling at him, not wanting to make him feel bad.

After five minutes of trying to convince him it wasn't his fault, he said, "I'm sorry."

"P', i told you it wasn't your fault. How much longer are we going to continue?" I said, trying to finish my sentence before being interrupted.

"No no, about standing you up." He said, looking around the house and then at me.

"Oh.. it's fine." I said, feeling my stomach burn.

"It's not fine, Yo." He said.

"No no, i get it, you probably had other stuff to do." I said, looking at my palm becoming frustrated.

"It's just that i-" He continued but i beat him to it.

"It's fine P'. I wanna rest now." I said, not wanting to hear his excuse.

"Oh. Okay, i'll leave." He said, looking at me disappointed.

"Thank you for helping me." I said, not wanting to be a dick by nicely asking him to leave.

"Anytime!" He said and stood up. I walked him to the door and said, "Thank you again" faking a smile.

"I'll do anything. Anytime you need something, a help around the house, just ask me and i'll do it." He offered. "Washing dishes because we now know you're not so good at it."

I couldn't help but stared cold at him. Its not that i wanted to but i decided it would be better for me. I don't need the extra luggage. I thought i liked him when i first met him, all charming and helpful but life isn't a fairy tale Wayo, you know that.

I was looking at my palm as i laid under my covers. I began thinking about an incident that happened in my Junior year in high school. I was standing in line in the cafeteria waiting to buy my meal, when i noticed a girl handing the lunch lady money, with his arm covered with scars. They looked old and rather painful. I noticed it and shook my head. I looked over to my best friend and pointed to my arm and then tilting my head towards the girl.

My friend whispered in my ear, "Yeah, she'd done that since Freshman year. She stopped now, been clean awhile but family issues is what i've heard." I looked at my best friend with wide eyes, surprised. I just can't imagine how painful it was, physically and emotionally.

I snapped back to reality, looking at my palm and just imagining the pain she went through. Though my cut was by accident and she did her's purposely to heal. I got goosebumps thinking about those dark large scars on her arm. I always felt bad whenever i saw the girl in the hallways. I told her i liked her outfit or where did she get the shirt. I just wanted to make her feel better at school since her family life wasn't. I didn't notice i already dozed off into sleep.

***

Happy 1k reads omg!! Since i didn't get to update yesterday, here's another chapter for my dear readers. Enjoy!! :)