หก

A week has passed since i left the Inn and entered my new cottage home. I'm pretty much done with the furniture and having shipped all my things from over the states.

I saw P'Forth a couple of times. We became friends and hangs out casually. So far i hadn't known much people here but P'Forth was having a house party tomorrow night so i was actually excited to meet new people.

I made dinner for myself in my small kitchen. I felt lonely. The weather didn't do me justice because the gloomy sky outside was dampening my mood.

I haven't seen P'Pha and the odd thing was i were out and about in town everyday, buying things to fill my home inside with. I had slightest of hope i'd see him again but i never did.

My house phone rang and i answered, recognizing that it was my mom behind the line.

"How is it over there?" My mom asked.

"It's wonderful." I said.

"Yeah.... um." She said.

"How is my little sister?" I asked knowing she didn't wanna talk about Ireland.

"Good good" She said, i heard her tone changed.

"How's dad?" I asked feeling my heart shatter.

"Yo, I'm not going to lie to you and say that he's good, you know how you left this home and how you left him." She said. "But health wise, he is good, living and breathing."

My heart was aching. I bid her goodbye after awhile of talking about few other things to ship off to me, the conversation was horrible.

My father didn't like the decision. He said a young person like me shouldn't be off in the world gone somewhere he's never been, he should be working and preparing to be a husband. My father was old style traditional. I knew he didn't want anything to do with me when he heard me rebelling to my mother how i'm leaving for Ireland and in that moment he disowned me. He said he didn't raised a problem child. He wanted traditional; get married, give them grandchildren and to work, work, and work. But that wasn't me. I didn't want that.

Another thing is, whenever my parents fight about something, my mother never had a voice. He was always right, even when he was utterly wrong. Though my parents loved and were crazy about each other, my mother never had a voice in opinion and that bothered me a lot.

My parents didn't fight a lot, but when they did, it was scary. It wasn't mostly fighting or yelling but rather silence. My mom would usually voice her opinion about something and then quarrel would emerge and they'd ignore each other until my mom would own it all up and say that she was wrong. That bothered me a lot. I didn't want that. I didn't want a relationship where i couldn't speak up for myself.

I began crying, thinking about the lecture my mother was about to receive from my father about how she let me grow up this way. And my sister getting a lecture about not to follow my steps because everything i do is wrong.

My father wasn't a bad person. He's actually an amazing father. He always support us, give us all the latest toys, phones, laptops, and even the biggest birthday parties. So basically anything we wanted, but only if we listen to him and follow everything he says. He always wanted us to agree with him, it's either HIS WAY or the highway.

Flashback

Radio host: "A gay activist revolts against a bill passed in Middle East that is forbidding marriage..."

"These gay people are wrong, they are sick. God said that man is for a woman only, not man to man nor woman to woman." My father said.

"There is nothing wrong with that dad. Love is love.." I said.

"No, no, no, no! Gay is just plain wrong. Okay, Yo? Is that what the school teaches you? Is this what you get from your friends? No more hanging out! Learn what's right from wrong. God doesn't want that. They will all go to hell, Yo." He said.

"Dad, its not about the school nor my friends. People are people, everyone-" I told him, but of course he cut me off again.

"No, Wayo! It's wrong. God said no to homosexuals. Where are you getting this from? Is this from your stupid books? Gay is wrong. End of story! Don't ever let me hear something like this from you again. Does your mother know about this? I'll talk to her about raising you, she's raising a problem child, a disgrace who back talks to his father." He went on and on.

I just stared out the window, not listening to him. He bothered me. Though i couldn't talk back to him out loud so i just did it inside my head because i knew he was clearly wrong. And now my poor mother will get a lecture from him, how i'm learning disgraceful things and that she is raising a problem child.

End of Flashback

Ever since that incident inside the car about gay rights, i never disagreed with my father. All i do is nod and act like i totally agreed because i couldn't stand his lectures. My father was complicated but despite all that, i still love him. After all, he's still my father.

My head began to hurt after thinking about my dad so i decided to head to bed and sleep it off.

***

To clear things up: Wayo was born in Thailand and was raised in America (for some reason), but then he decided to live alone in Ireland (i made Ireland as the setting of this story 'cause i don't know much about places and stuff about Thailand since i can't understand them, lol.) Quite the same for Phana. He was also born in Thailand but i can't tell you yet about his childhood, he's the one to tell y'all about that haha. The other characters aside from Forth will show up later on, lets just say they're all Thai and is living in Ireland for the sake of the story. See you on the next chapter!! ❤