▪The Gardener.

The house is untidy without Mariá and extra hands will be needed. The next morning Emilia brings in a young man named Matthias to resume his post as the new gardener.

Emilia: Victoria!
Victoria: Yes Emi...mommy.
Emilia: Come over here. I want you to meet the new gardener, Matthais.
Victoria: Nice to meet you, I'm Victoria.
Matthias: Victoria, it's nice to meet you.

*They shake hands*

Emilia: He'll be staying in Mariá's room from now on, and should be treated nicely.
Victoria: Uh, Alright...
Emilia: You may leave now.

Victoria didn't know what was weirder, the fact that Emilia gave the help a room in the mansion and wanted him treated nicely, or the fact that he seemed awfully familiar. It didn't matter to her, as long the house was tidy. He is just a gardener and has nothing to do with cleaning, I wonder who will to do the cleaning, she thought. Emilia and Matthias waits for Victoria to leave then talks quietly.

Matthias: This is crazy, what are you thinking?
Emilia: Relax my love, I've got this figured out.
Matthias: Really? Well, I don't think so. Bringing me into your husband's house doesn't feel like you've figured anything out.
Emilia: Calm down Matt, I just want you to be around me every second, is that too much to ask? (she says wearing a cute look)
Matthias: Babe I understand that, I want to be around you too but this just seems stupid. Krook's daughter lives here, what if she sees us together again? She can't always fall down the stairs.
Emilia: Well, we'll just have to be more careful.
Matthias: Uh-huh, and what if we're not? She sees us and somehow informs her father. You'll be thrown out and I'll be in trouble too. The old man knows a lot of people I don't want to get involved with.
Emilia: Hmm, it seems like you're more scared of getting caught than loosing me.
Matthias: I don't want to loose you Emile, I'm just trying to keep you safe, to keep us safe.
Emilia: Well, don't worry about all that. It's all bullshit. Just focus on all the good times we're gonna have together. (she says as she leans in for a kiss).
Matthias: Not here Emile. I've gat to go unpack.
Emilia: Alright my darling, let me know when you're done.
Matthias: Yeah, I will.
Emilia: Okay, stay handsome!

*Matthias smiles as he walks to his room*

Emilia knows Matthias has a point and needed a way to keep Victoria busy and distracted from noticing anything. The only thing she could come up with was killing her, but that would be too much and may blow up in her face.

*Phone rings, Krook's calling*

Emilia: Hello darling! (she says with a straight face)
Krook: Emile my beauty, how are you?
Emilia: I'm alright my love. How are you and how's the project coming?
Krook: I'm doing well. I just really miss you and Victoria. It is not going too well, it's kind of the reason I called. Is Victoria there? I tried calling her but it didn't go through.
Emilia: She's in her room. Victoria!!(she called loudly) your father wants to speak with you!
Victoria: In a minute, mommy!! (she replied in excitement)
Krook: Did I just hear her call you mommy?
Emilia: You heard well honey.
Krook: You guys must be hitting it off!
Emilia: You can say that again dearie.

*Krook laughs, Victoria runs to take the phone*

Victoria: Dad!!
Krook: Hello princess, how are you?
Victoria: I'm alright. How have you been?
Krook: Been just fine my dear. What's wrong with your phone, I tried calling severally but it never went through.
Victoria All my devices are with Emilia.
Krook: I'm not going to question that, she's your mother and has the right to do that.
Victoria: Apparently.
Krook: Can I be placed on speaker phone?
Victoria: Sure dad.

*Turns on speaker phone*

Krook: I want to let you guys know I won't be home for another 5weeks.
Victoria: What!!
Emilia: What!(with a smile)
Krook: Yeah, I'm sorry. Things here are a bit more difficult than we thought. Hope you can understand?

*Victoria walks away*

Emilia: I do honey, it's fine. I really miss you but I know you'd be here if it wasn't important.
Krook: Yes my dear. Victoria??
Emilia: She left a few seconds ago. Not to worry, I'll talk her. I'm sure she'll understand.
Krook: Thank you Emile. What will I do without you?
Emilia: Oh Fin! (she says with a sweet voice but a blank look).
Krook: I'll call you some other time. Take care of yourself and Victoria. I love you.
Emilia: I'll take care of her. I love you too
Krook: Bye dear.
Emilia: Bye.

Emilia was thrilled with the news, she hurried to Victoria's room to have a chat.

Emilia: Your dad thinks I'll talk to you, convincing you to understand but nah, I'll save myself the stress of talking to a dummy like you.
Victoria: So why are you here?
Emilia: To tell you that you'll be resuming your duties tomorrow.
Victoria: Duties? What duties?
Emilia: Well the house won't clean itself.
Victoria: I have school tomorrow. I've already been absent for 2 days.
Emilia: (brings out a small mirror and looks at her face) do I look like I care? My face must have given you the wrong impression. Duties tomorrow. And wear Mariá's uniform.
Victoria: No.
Emilia: Excuse me?
Victoria: No, you can't make me do that. This is my house and I have rights too.
Emilia: I'll burn all your clothes, this room 'your private space' will be turned into a store house for killing any livestock we buy, and that dog will be the first.
Victoria: No! Leave Molly out of this!
Emilia: Molly?
Victoria: My dog. I'll do as you say.
Emilia: (laughs) you gave it a name. That's cute. I need this house spotless top to buttom before 4am tomorrow so if I were you I'd start scrubing now. (she says as she smiles patting Victoria's head)

 (she says as she smiles patting Victoria's head)