CH. [19]

Once Aubrey opened the door of his office, of course his assistant Lala was sitting on his desk waiting.
"What do you want" Aubrey said quietly shutting the door.
"I maybe your crazed ex, but I'm still your assistant." Lala said giving papers to Aubrey.
"I see that you recovered from that beating Robyn gave you last week. How's your mom?" Aubrey laughed.
Lala rolled her eyes, "Your such an excuse for a man now. Since I left you, you've turned into a depressed bitch. Remember when we lived in the city together? When we went out every night? We can do that again, when you kick your controlling wife to the side" Lala said cupping her hands on Aubrey's face.
"Please just stop." He put her hands away.
"I-I'm going to be a father now, and I don't need you coming all up on me every time I come up here"
Lala expressed a puzzled look on her face, "She really changed you. Last time I checked you never wanted kids. Matter of fact, You made it very clear you didn't want kids with me. I was that much of a difference?" She said looking down, she actually felt hurt.
"It wasn't even planned okay. Well, I didn't plan it" Aubrey said with an eye roll, "I don't want kids, I even put Robyn on birth control, but shit happens"

"I shouldn't even be butt hurt, but I do. You always knew that was one of my dreams, and You were like my dream of a husband, and a father of my kids. And now your sharing that with someone else. Look, I maybe a tough girl on the outside, but I have feelings. Do you know how much in shock I was when I found out you were married? To a gorgeous, and I mean gorgeous woman. She's very pretty, and prettier than me. I felt threatened in a way, so I caused a bunch of shit for you, and I'm sorry."
Lala walked out of the room, but Aubrey grabbed her hand. "I didn't even know you felt that way. But you have to realize, You broke me. When I saw you with that dude in my bed, my heart shattered. I despised you. And I'm still holding a grudge. But once you did that cruel shit, I immediately knew I wasn't going to marry you. Sorry." Aubrey shrugged.
Tears started to stream down her face.
Aubrey has never seen her cry before.
Aubrey felt bad.
But at the same time he didn't.
"Stop crying please. Like why? I don't even understand why." Aubrey checked to see if the door was closed. "Your the person who broke me. Not vice versa."
He sat her down on his couch, and gave her Kleenex.
Aubrey sat down with her, he didn't touch her or anything, he just sat next to her awkwardly.
She just stared at him with a sad look on her face. "Can I kiss you?" She asked
"Damn It Laila! Why can't I actually be nice to you without you coming on to me? No you can't fucking kiss me."

"Fine. I'll leave you alone. You should probably get back to work." Lala walked to the door, "I love you." She whispered and left.
Aubrey rubbed his hands over his face, and went to his desk.
** ** **
Robyn finally found courage to pick up the phone, call her mom, and announce the big news.
After 3 rings her mother picked up.
"Robyn?" Her mother said into the speaker suprised.

"Hey mama...." Robyn said, "Is daddy around?"

"No. He went to the grocery store. What do you need?" Theresa said.

Robyn sighed with relief, "I'm pregnant." Robyn said.

"That's great sweetie!"

Robyn smiled, "Tell dad and Rena for me?"

"Sure. I thought Rena was with you though?" Her mom said.

"No? Rena was supposed to be home with you a week ago?" Robyn said sitting down on the bed.

"She never came home."

There was a short moment of silence, "Mommy?"

"Yes?" Robyn's mom said nervously.

"Is Rena missing?"
** ** **