Chapter Twenty- Five: I Promise, Benja

Start from the beginning

Mitch looks at it and puts his head on it, he turns his back to the screen, seeing Jerome's belly. Mitch blushes slightly, closing his eyes again as Jerome pulls his blanket up. Jerome smiles, grabbing the remote and turning down the volume to almost nothing and resumes the game. But his attention kept going onto Mitch. He could tell that Mitch was fast asleep again, but he kept thinking he was awake. Jerome pauses the game, he puts the controller on the armrest. 'I didn't think he would actually do it. He looks so comfy and...' Jerome thought before he blushes again. Jerome rolls his thumb on Mitch's forehead, moving his hair from his face. Jerome smiles a little more. 'At least I got him out of Canada. I would have been so devastated if Mitch....if he didn't make it.' Jerome thought. Than his phone goes off. He quickly grabs it, silencing it immediately and Mitch groans, snuggling with the blanket and pressing his forehead against Jerome's belly.

"S-Sorry Benja." Jerome said softly. Jerome looks at the screen seeing it is Vikk texting him. He unlocks it.

Vikk: Rob and Preston are gonna be coming to you guys with Mitch's things

Jerome tilts his head a little, confused.

Jerome: What about you and Lachlan?

Vikk: Lachlan just got called about some family problems, and I kinda want to go with him to make sure he is okay since he is still upset about Mitch

Jerome grins.

Jerome: Sure...I bet that is your only reason for wanting to go with him

Vikk: IT IS! Shut up! How's Mitch? Lachlan wants to know

Jerome: Sleepy. But that's a good thing. I'm afraid to take him off the medicine the doctor gave him

Vikk: Why?

Jerome: I'm afraid he is gonna hurt himself when I'm not looking. I don't want to lose him

Vikk: I have an idea

Jerome: What?

Vikk: Tell him you love him. If he knew than maybe he won't be so depressed.

Jerome instantly blushes and looks at Mitch. He shakes his head.

Jerome: No! He only thinks of me as a friend and that's all I will ever been to him.

Vikk: Jerome, do you want to see Mitch in another hospital bed or know the possibility that Mitch may feel the same way?

Jerome hesitates to answer, he looks at Mitch again, bitting his lip back. His eyes go to Mitch's scar covered forearm and back to his phone.

Jerome: I want him to be in a more stable state of mind first

Vikk: Why, so you can shatter his already shattered heart more?

Jerome's eyes widen a little and he grips his phone slightly.

Jerome: If telling Mitch would hurt him more, than I guess I will never tell him. I don't want him to suffer anymore. He's already been through even trauma