Chapter Nineteen: Mitch's Mom and Dad

Prepare yourselves...

Preston knocks on the bathroom door.

"Jerome?" He asks. The door opens and Jerome and Preston stare at each other. Preston his hand on his arm, taking a step back. "Are you okay? What did Jessica say?" Jerome's eyes look away from him.

"Nothing." He said before he walks pass Preston. Preston turns around and goes after Jerome, but is stopped in the hallway when Rob encases his arms around Preston's waist. Preston grabs Rob's arms.

"N-Not now. Jessica was just here and Jerome is hiding what she said." Preston said. Rob whines.

"Am I ever gonna get Preston time?" He asks letting go of Preston's waist.

"We sleep in the same bed, Rob." Preston said.

"There was a storm." He said.

"Aren't you concerned about the fact Jessica was here?" Preston asked him. Rob nods. Preston takes a few steps away from Rob. "Mitch's critical condition is damaging to all of us enough. And now Jessica, the one who is responsible for Mitch putting himself in the condition, is showing up here willy nilly." Preston than walks down the steps to get check on Jerome.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Mitch's mom lightly traces Mitch's hand with her fingers. Almost the whole family here, just sitting in silence since the atmosphere in the air is enough to silence you. Kyleigh, Mitch's sister, stands up and lookds away from Mitch. She bites her bottom lip. 'I can't stand seeing him like this anymore.' She thought. She looks at her parents.

"I have to go, I'll take Connor home." She said. She grabs Connor's hand pulling him. They both nod and say goodbye before they leave.  Connor, Mitch's younger brother, stares ahead before he looks at Kyleigh.

"Is Mitch gonna be okay?" He asks. Kyleigh nods.

"Yeah. He is tough, Connor. He will wake up real soon." She said.

After a few minutes, Mitch's mom leans back in her chair, putting her hands on her elbows.

"I should have known." She said. His dad looks over at her. She looks at Mitch. "I should have known better than to just call him once when he needs me to be there physically next to him. Not just Jerome."

"You aren't a bad mom, you know Mitch would say that to you loads of times." His father said. She nods putting her face in her hands.

"I know. I know he would, but he needed us and we just ignored him." She said. He pulls his chair next to her and puts his arms around her. She grips Mitch's hand.

"He's gonna he fine, once he wakes up, he is gonna live with us for a while. Mitch is tough.." He said trying to confront her when he is just as upset himself as she starts to cry again.

After a few more minutes, she regains her composure. She bites on her lip, feeling Mitch's fingers move slightly giving her hope when she remembers that the doctor said that is normal for a coma patient. She looks at Mitch, still seeing him asleep. She wipes her red eyes with her fingers.

"I'm right here, won't leave until you wake up, hun." She said. Than she heard a long beeping sound from the monitors making her heart shatter...seconds lated Nurses and a doctor rush in with a defibrillator cart following them as she starts crying all over again as they are pushed out into the hallway.

"Charging." The doctor said. Seconds go by as they pull a curtain between Mitch's crying parents and Mitch.

"Clear."