Chapter Seven: The Law

Jerome stays staring at his laptop screen on Mitch's video, he's reading through the comments. Luckily Mitch's arm wasn't broken but badly sprained. Mitch is laying in his bed, asleep while Jerome is in the living room. Jerome bites his bottom lip and reads the comments one by one.

He's faking this, clickbait!

We can wait as long as you need Mitch!

Glad to see you are not dead. I was worried.

This is so fake, you can tell this is all fake.

Jerome grips the laptop and starts reading the replies.

Fake?! You can't fake that emotion!

He hasn't uploaded in weeks, he wouldn't get paid if he post no videos.

This is real! You can tell by how he acts that this isn't a joke. It's real.

Jerome smiles a little as he reads the rest of the replies. But he loses his smile almost instantly. He grabs his phone and goes to the camera. He flips the screen so the camera is facing him. He hits record. He smiles.

"Hey guys so I know a lot has happened. Especially in regard to what has happened on Mitch's channel." Jerome said. Jerome sets his laptop on the coffee table in front of him. "Well I have read comments on Mitch's video and saw that a lot of you think it's fake. Well I'm here to tell you that it's not fake. It's real what has been happening to Mitch these past few months. Now I'm just gonna give you my reaction. But this girl will remind unknown due to certain things but if you watch Mitch's channel then...she is in his videos sometimes. Now I have permission from Mitch to talk about this in my own opinions. There are things he wants me to leave out and I will leave them out. But this has been having for a very long time. You guys had noticed the decline in his mood and I did too. You guys were concerned, truthfully I had brushed it off. I wish I didn't. He was missing recordings, meetings, events, and always seemed to be in a sour or tired mood. This happened behind the scenes so to you guys, he was happy. But to us, he just seemed tired. I flew over here to check up on and I was preparing myself for the worst. He wasn't answering his phone the first two weeks his stopped posting videos. He said that once she called him, he threw his phone at the wall breaking it. Now I was prepared to handle bad stuff, but not this bad. Mitch if you do watch this, I know you said I could use your set up to record this but I don't want to wake you up and I was tired of seeing hate comments appear on your video you made last night. Speaking of that video, things got interesting this morning. We just can from the hospital two hours ago and Mitch is downstairs in his room sleeping. She saw the video Mitch made and immediately went after him. Mitch is okay let me make that very clear first, she only sprained his wrist. But now I'm keeping my eye on Mitch. Mitch broke up with this girl four weeks ago, and she can't take losing her only source of money." Jerome looks away from the phone hearing a door open. Jerome looks at his phone again and stops recording. He puts his phone in his pocket. He bites his bottom lip back.

"Hey." Mitch said.

'He's not eating again.' Jerome thought. Jerome smiles and looks at Mitch.

"Hey. How's your wrist?" Jerome asks. Mitch puts his hurt wrist behind his back.

"It's fine." He said. Jerome looks at the clock seeing that it's lunchtime.

"You hungry?" Jerome asks. He looks at Mitch. Mitch looks at the clock.

"N-No." Mitch said. Jerome looks at the floor while Mitch looks at him. "I've been meaning to talk to you about something." Jerome looks at Mitch and Mitch slips his hand on the gauze that is wrapped around his wrist. "I...I think it might be better if you just go home." Jerome shakes his head.

"Have you gone mad? I'm not leaving you here." Jerome said. Mitch looks at Jerome.

"I--"

"Mitch, what if she comes back here to hurt you again and I'm off in Florida? What are you gonna do? You haven't been defending yourself and I don't know why you don't." Jerome said. Mitch takes a step back and his eyes drop to the floor.

"I...I don't see a point." Mitch said. Jerome hesitates, fearing Mitch's answer.

"In what?" Jerome asks.

"Trying." Mitch said. Mitch looks at Jerome's laptop. "You have your channel to take care of. I appreciate you being here but...it would be better if you went back home." Jerome walks towards Mitch making Mitch freak out. Mitch takes steps back from Jerome till his back hits a wall and he slides down to the floor making Jerome stop seeing fear in Mitch's eyes.

"You need help." He said. Mitch looks away from Jerome.

"I can't be saved anymore Jerome...I...I give up. I can't take this anymore. No one can help me." Mitch said. Jerome shakes his head.

"I refuse to believe that." Jerome said. Then the doorbell goes off and the two stay staring at each other till Jerome finally walks over to the door and opens it seeing the police.

"Are you Mitchell Hughes?" The Officer asks. Jerome shakes his head.

"No. Why?" Jerome asks.

"We got a tip about domestic violence. Boyfriend abusing girlfriend." The Officer said. Jerome's eyes widen.

"T-That's a lie." Jerome said. The Officer pushes Jerome aside and walks in. He sees Mitch sitting on the floor.

"She said he had a hurt wrist from hitting her so hard and his wrist is hurt." The Officer said. Mitch looks up and at the Officer confused. Mitch gets up and then looks at Jerome.

"Wh-What's going on?" Mitch asks. Jerome steps in between Mitch and the Officer.

"She has been abusing him! She's lying to you, Mitch is the victim here!" Jerome said. The Officer shakes his head.

"Jessica has bruises on her from Mitchell hitting her. So Mitchell Hughes you're under arrest." The Officer said. Mitch looks away from them. The Officer pushes Jerome aside and grabs Mitch.

"She self-inflicted hersel--" Mitch looks at Jerome.

"Just go home, Jerome. It's not worth it." Mitch said in defeat. The Officer pushes Mitch out the door leaving Jerome alone. Jerome clenches his fists.

"This means war, Jessica." Jerome snapped.