"Wow, we're so far from home..." I started but then remembered something important. "Damn it! I forgot my bags in my aunt's-"

"Stole it from the trunk," he smirked. "Also got your purse."

Harry threw my bag at my lap and gestured to the back of his car.

"You sly ninja," I said playfully slapping his arm.

He laughed and brushed my arm slightly... but even a touch like that made me feel light headed and have butterflies in my stomach.

"You stubborn monkey," he shot back.

"You stinky skunk."

"You dumb squirrel."

"You-"

Before I could finish my ever so offending come back, Harry grabbed my arm and pulled me in to a tight hug then released me after a few minutes. I almost whimpered when he left me. It was so warm and made me feel as if I belonged in between his arms and hard, comforting body. It was almost as good as the pity hug from a few days ago.

"I feel so bad," he said scratching his head again.

"For what?" I asked. It came out soft and scared as if I knew, but I didn't expect his answer.

"For hurting and scaring you," Harry said sincerely. "Like I said before, we got off on the wrong start. I was a bit high and pissed when we first met at Beans and Teas. I totally regret my actions. Then me slapping you? I kicked myself so fucking hard. Damn it, Alex."

I started crying again, but it was inaudible, so he probably didn't notice. Good.

"I forgive you," I said honestly. Maybe I should. "It's okay."

"Can you put your trust in me? Please?" It sounded as if he was pleading me.

"Sure." I tried to make it sound believe able. No, of course, I didn't trust him yet. We just met a couple weeks ago.

"Good," he said poking my side. That was my weakness, so I snorted before bursting in to a fit of laughs. Soon, he joined in with me. After calming down, he said grabbing my hand, "You snorted!"

I giggled and nodded.

Harry choked to a stop after laughing so hard. He cleared his throat and smirked, jokingly, "Since you trust me now, that's one less thing to worry about. Now, it's your turn to drive. I need my sleep."

"But my leg-"

"Use one, you lazy ass."

:~:~:

Phoebe's POV

I watched my niece die in my arms. I didn't care for the blood smearing everywhere.

My mind was beyond pissed at Paul. I needed my revenge. You will pay for your shit with torture and long payments.

I couldn't do it alone of course. I needed an ally. Someone who hated Paul as much as I did.

Then I got the exact name I was looking for: Harry Styles.

:~:~:

Harry's POV

Alex agreed to the exchange we'd have. She would drive us to Las Vegas while I slept in the passenger seat since I did most of the work. It was midnight, but even so, the highways were full of speeding expensive cars.

She drove surprisingly well. It ran smoothly, so I reclined the chair and closed my eyes.

After an hour of a dreamless nap, I felt a vibrating sound next to me. It was coming from Alex's purse.

Her attention was focused on the road, so I stealthily sneaked the phone and turned it on.

She had fifteen missed calls and over one hundred unread texts, half of them from Gretchen.

"Where are you?" "Read this immediately, Alex!" "Alex are you there?" "I know you have your phone baby girl. Your purse isn't in my car any more." "What hospital are you in love?"

And so on and so on.

A third of the rest was from... Liam.

"Hey Alex. Are you ready for the date?" My hands tightened around the device. She dated Liam Payne? Was she crazy? "Hey Alex. I didn't see you in school today. What's up?" "Alex." "We need to talk." "Alex, respond to me now?" "Please Alex." "Hello?"

Vice versa. He was so goddamn needy. I still was shocked that she went out with that guy. She shouldn't be around any one in The Infamous... oh... wait.

I then checked on the remaining texts, which were all from two different unknown numbers. One was, I discovered, from a police, and the one most recent text that I heard its vibration from was from a familiar but undetectable number.

"Alex. I know you don't know who I am, but... never mind, I don't think you should know. I am a woman in her middle age. I just want to say... I know you're with Styles. I know you know where the money Paul wants is. I am not asking for it this time. I am done working with that son of a bitch. I just want revenge on that man. I know how Styles is like, so he is most likely reading this over your shoulder, but it's okay. I know you left town to get to somewhere safer, but remember that Paul works with international black market leaders as well as dangerous men. I care, I really do. My threats were empty. I need this revenge though, and I can't do this alone. I know I can count on you, Styles. You can trust me again. I will be loyal this time. -p "

Panicking, I deleted the text.

Copyrights © 2014