Chapter 11 Kidnapped pt 1

Start from the beginning

_____________________________________________________________________________

I woke up in a strange little hut, wearing filthy stained jeans and a black tank top. I was laying on a cot and immediately I sprung up. Where was I? I looked around and immediately looked towards the end of the cot to look for something, but what? I felt around the cot and found nothing. A weapon. I needed some sort of weapon. I saw a mirror hanging near the back of the hut and cautiously made my way over there. Checking out everything around me, there wasn’t a soul in sight. Where the hell was I? I would break the glass and grab the sharpest piece possible and head out. Head into what? I wasn’t exactly sure. I felt panic  as it surged through my veins  yet somehow I found myself calm.

When I extended out my elbow to smash the mirror I found myself looking into it. I had long blond hair and blue eyes. My face had dirt all over it, what happened to me? I stared deeply focussed on my reflection. I was pale, very pale and my lips were swollen and red. The face was familiar but why couldn’t I remember what I looked like. Then I tried to say my name and for some reason that wasn’t coming to me either. So I tried a few techniques that might help.

“Hello, my name is..........” I whispered while watching my own lips move in the reflection and even my voice held no familiarity to me.

“Hi, I’m.......” Nothing. No words came out and I felt the frustration begin. Why the hell couldn’t I remember my name? That seemed to be more of a pressing matter than where I was. Maybe this was my home. It seemed a bit grotesque to be living in something as filthy as this but I didn’t feel at home here. I felt.........lost.

“Buongiorno sono....” Alright so when did I learn another language? This was creepy. I sighed and I guess the frustration was starting to overwhelm me right now. I noticed before I was about to turn around that my eyes began to turn into a silver/gold colour, swirls of the two colours mingled in my eyes and this had freaked me out even worse than everything else so far. What the hell was up with my eyes.

I backed away slowly when I felt a pang in my mouth and moving my tongue around I noticed fangs slowly extending from my gums.

“Oh holy shit.” I cursed, stepping back nearly stumbling.

What the hell was I? After the initial shock wore off I found myself moving closer to the mirror to get a better look. I was some sort of fanged monster. In a fit, I smashed my fist into the mirror causing it to crack and fall apart. I swiftly grabbed a piece of glass and slid into a sitting position on the ground beneath me.

Why could I remember who I was? What was my name and why the hell was I here? I closed my eyes and tried to fight the blocks that seemed to stop me from remembering everything. Almost in a soft, breeze-like motion some pieces began to fit together. I saw a lady with long brunette curls standing beside a man in a tux who the same matching dark curls that were cut shorter. They smiled and waved as I left on a bus. Trinity, that’s what they called me, and I called them mother and father. I had parents, I had a name. What else was I missing. As if replaying my memories- well the short ones I had. I was sitting on a bus, I was maybe 17 and I was going to some camp for the summer. Edna and Gary. That’s what their names were. On the bus we drove past Colorado. The last flash was me by the lake about to dive in for a swim when someone- or rather something came up from behind and grabbed me. A man with eyes blacker than soil as he brought my neck to his mouth and the rest was history.

Those were the only memories or thoughts inside my head. At least I had a name, a family and a home. Now all I needed was to find my way back there. No- I needed to find the man with the black eyes and kill him. Kill him? What was wrong with me, why would I want to kill anything. That was so inhumane, but I guess whatever I was wasn’t very humane either.