Flower Garden

It's been 2 days since Koumei had come that morning. He'd come every morning since, and every morning did the same. By now you had created some kind of formal friendly relationship, you managed to convince him to call you Princess (Y/N) instead of 'your majesty' or 'your highness', he refused to call you anything else, and you had started to have conversations while he took care of your wounds.

"Koumei?"

"Yes?" he said rubbing the cream on your back,

"Why are you taking care of me? why not one of your brothers? or your sister Kougyoku?" you asked,

"You do realise that within some time in the near future you will be my sister-in-law right?" he said in his plain emotionless voice,

"Yes but still," "well to be honest i made sure i was the one to take care of you," he said, "really? why?" you asked, "you see this marriage is very important for both my country and yours, and so i wish to make sure you are being taken care of by only the best, hence me, do you now understand my reasons?" he said handing you the sheet. "Yes Koumei, i thank you for your concern over my well being" you said bringing the sheet to your chest, "always princess (Y/N)" he said sitting in front of you.

You sat in silence as he bandaged you up. "Alright, so i think you will be fine to walk around a little without feeling dizzy and passing out" he said looking at you, "Really?" you asked happily, "Yes, would you like me to walk you around the palace for a little?" he asked extending his hand out to you, "Thanks!" you said taking his hand and smiling at him.

Koumei walked you around the palace for a while letting you stretch your legs after not really walking for five days straight.

He led you out into a courtyard (the one where Hakuryuu had kissed you) and you both sat down on the bench. "Koumei?" 

"Yes?" 

"don't you have work to do?"

"Yes, but don't worry about it i can do it later" he said, "Oh no Koumei, i know you have work to do, please go i'll be fine! you saw me i almost didn't need your help" you said putting your hand on his shoulder.

"Are you sure you're alright?" he asked, "Yes! i'm fine!" you chuckled, "now go!" "Very well, but i'll be back later" he said and walked off to his study.

You closed your eyes and breathed in the fresh smell of the plants and cool air around you. It was moments like this where you felt calm and relaxed, no noise no one to disturb your peace. 

"Princess?" 

You opened your eyes to see princess Kougyoku standing in front of you.

"Oh Princess!" you said getting up and bowing your head. 

"What were you doing?" she asked looking at you curiously tilting her head to the side. "Oh i was just... relaxing a little, you know breathing" you said, you then looked down at her left arm and saw it was wrapped in bandages.

"Oh princess!I'm so sorry for what i did to you!" you said bowing deeply in apology. "It's all right, really! i had fun!" she said smiling, "f-fun?" you asked confused "why yes of course! it's been a while since i got to fight, and i have to admit iv'e gotten a little rusty" she said smiling.

"Yes, i suppose you're right" you said thinking about the fight. "Um.. princess..." Began Kougyoku "oh no need to call me that, you can just call me (Y/N)" you said, "Y-y.... you like as were f-friends?" she asked, "Um... sure! yeah!" you said, "Oh yay! then you can just call me Kougyoku!" yelled Kougyoku grabbing your hand and she began pulling you into the palace.

"Um.. Kougyoku, where are we going?" you asked following her, "were gonna have some girl time!" she said happily, "do you like flowers?" she asked "yes of course" you said, "good!" she said as she pulled you out of the palace and out into a huge garden full of beautiful flowers.

"Oh it's beautiful!" you said seeing all the beautiful flowers. "Yes it is quite a wonder isn't it, i normally come here whenever i feel a little down," said Kougyoku picking a little wight flower, "yes i understand why, all the colors and wonderful sent the flowers give off makes this place quite magical" you said taking in deep breaths of the fresh sweet air. "Magical it is. Well you can come here whenever you feel like it!" she said brightly handing you the flower, "whenever?" you asked "Hai!" she said smiling, "thank you Kougyoku!" you said happily taking the flower.

You sat down in the fiend of flowers feeling happy for the first time in a while. "Hey (Y/N), do you know how to make flower crowns?" asked Kougyoku, "Um no actually" you said, "Here i'll teach you then!" she said happily sitting in front of you.

<<KOUHA'S POV>>

'Ugh Kougyoku where did you run off to now!'  you thought as you made your way down the hall opening up onto the flower garden. 'Hey who's that over there?' you looked over to see who it was in the garden. 'Oh it looks like Kougyoku and.... (Y/N)?! i wonder what they're doing?'  you thought to yourself  'huh, (Y/N) looks so happy and gentle sitting there in the flowers, well guess i better get them'  "KOUGYOKU! KOUGYOKU! COME HERE!"

<<(Y/N)'S POV>>

"And then you pass it through here, and done!" said kougyoku finishing her perfect flower crown. "Wow Kougyoku it's really pretty!" you said admiring her crown. "It's quite easy once you learn" she said happily,

"KOUGYOKU! KOUGYOKU! COME HERE!" you looked behind Kougyoku too see Kouha shouting at kougyoku. "Hey is that Kouha?" you asked Kougyoku, "Oh yes, i suppose we should go then" she said getting up and brushing off her skirt. 

You got up sadly and followed Kougyoku toward the palace. "Kouha! w-what happened?!" you gasped as you saw Kouha had a bandaged leg and was on crutches. "Oh well your staff thing froze my leg including my muscles bones blood and so on," he said looking down at his leg.

"I-i'm so sorry Kouha! really" you said looking at the ground. "Well hey now, don't forget you were really good out there, it's been a while since i had that much fun" he said looking at you, "really?" you looked up from the ground, "Yeah!" he said, "anyway, why did you call me Kouha?" said Kougyoku.

"Oh Kouen was looking for you" he answered, "Alright then" she said brushing off her dress and and fixing her hair, "How do i look?" she asked turning to both of you, "fantastic!" you said smiling, "Like a princess, now go" said Kouha swiping at her playfully, "Ok ok, i'll see you later (Y/N)" she said walking away.

You stood there in an awkward silence for a while "I um... think i'm gonna go rest, i'm feeling a little dizzy" you said putting your hand to your head. "Do you mind if i join you?" said Kouha, you looked at him and saw a gentle smile on his face. Not the usual lustful smirk, but a genuine smile, as if asking if he could join you rather than telling you he's going to join you. 

"Yeah, ok" you said smiling at him. You walked (very slowly because of Kouha's crutches) to your room. Kouha sat on your bed putting the crutches down. He scooted back and laid down, "Come" he pat on the empty spot beside him on the bed. 

You hesitated for a moment but then walked over to the bed and laid down beside Kouha. He wraped his arms around you and nuzzled his face into your neck. You relaxed as you closed your eyes feeling safe in Kouha's arms. "I love you (Y/N)" Kouha breathed into your neck as he drifted off to sleep. 

"Kouha..."