6K Special-Fantasy/Medieval AU [Pt 2]

Start from the beginning

Lucille smacked me in the back of my head.

I grinned mischievously. Lucille opened her mouth to say something when there was a door at the door.

"(Name), are you ready?"

"Yes, you can come in Kiku."

The door opened and Kiku stood on the other end, Yao right behind him. They looked me over and burst into smiles of approval.

"You look exquisite, princess."

"You finally at least look like the princess you're supposed to be. We have to work on that potty mouth, though." Yao scolded me playfully.

"Ouch. I am offended."

Yao chuckled and offered me his arm, which was bent in an 'L' shape. "Shall we?"

"We shall." I looped my arm around his and waved to Elizabeta and Lucille. "Thank you again, you two."

Yao respectfully tipped his head. "Ladies."

"Have fun!"

"...I hope I will." I gave a nervous smile and followed Yao and Kiku out the door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

You would've expected that since a ball was being hosted in my own kingdom, a lot of the nobility would be swarming me.

I stood awkwardly at the banquet table and sipped a glass of punch. That wasn't happening.

When I was announced, I had to do the princess wave and stuff as everyone clapped. Then everything went back to normal. The musicians played flawlessly on their instruments, creating upbeat yet calm music suited for a perfectly paced ballroom dance. The nobles simply greeted me when I walked past and some of the usual annoying aristocrats introduced me to their sons, but none of the bachelors my parents had picked out had arrived.

I was savoring my freedom for now.

Trumpets blared into my eardrums. I blew out an irritated sigh through my gritted teeth. Welp, there goes my freedom.

I emptied the glass and set it on the tray of a waiter that passed by. I wove my way toward the entrance of the ballroom. I took a place beside Yao and Kiku, getting as far away from my parents as possible. They provided me with smiles of support that read, 'Good luck', which I certainly needed.

"Presenting Prince Arthur Kirkland of England."

'Hm, Arthur Kirkland. I like the sound of that name.'

His footsteps graced the marble tiled floors, barely making a single sound as he practically glided over to me.

"Hello, Princess (Name). It's a pleasure to meet you, love."

There was a bit of a British accent tinted within every precise word he spoke. The amount of poise in his posture, allure in his smile, and the attractiveness of his overall appearance was a little intimidating, I must admit.

It didn't help that he tipped his head in a neat bow and proceeded to kiss the back of my hand with his lips.

I immediately grew nervous, blurting out, "S-Same here." I caught my parents' piercing gaze in peripheral view and cleared my throat. "Um, I mean the pleasure's mine. It's nice to meet you, Prince Arthur."